• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Real or replica? Asking for a friend

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Hey all
So a good friend of mine who is a trader in London was gifted this by a fellow trader. Was given no box and no papers. He took it to 2 watch traders and 1 told him real and 1 told him fake LOL. I told him to send me some pics and I would post on forum. He sent me a pic of the rear and video of the front which I attempted to screen shot to show. Any input would be appreciated.

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Found this pic after a google search and looks different to his one….don’t know much about Hublot so don’t know if movement changed or updated.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13

Found this pic after a google search and looks different to his one….don’t know much about Hublot so don’t know if movement changed or updated.[/QUOTE

This Hublot King power Foudroyante is the easiest to detect in person, it has a 'Split second function' (the second hand splits into 2 by pressing one of the pushers)

The left subdial has a foudroyante system that can move 1/8th of a second (quite fast)

If it doesn't have those feautures it's just another decorated replica ....

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16

Found this pic after a google search and looks different to his one….don’t know much about Hublot so don’t know if movement changed or updated.[/QUOTE

This Hublot King power Foudroyante is the easiest to detect in person, it has a 'Split second function' (the second hand splits into 2 by pressing one of the pushers)

The left subdial has a foudroyante system that can move 1/8th of a second (quite fast)

If it doesn't have those feautures it's just another decorated replica ....

Thanks for the detailed response.
Unfortunately the watch is approximately 4000km away from me so can’t inspect it in person and to be honest I probably wouldn’t be able to tell if not for the information you and others share. Haven’t spent much time researching the Hublot brand so sorry if the initial question I asked seems obvious. Appreciate the help and insight mate.