• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ready to order a SMP Chronograph... advice kindly requested

SilverSurfer

Known Member
25/8/06
Hi again!

I have decided to get a SMP crono to myself as Xmas present :p
Just want to know if any of you guys have information regarding the next question:

Do repected dealers here (say Andrew, Josh, PT, etc.) sell the same version?

If not, can you mention the major differences? Any comments on Andrew's version?
I may be spending around 300 bucks on this one (S&H and extra costs), so any help would be highly appreciated. :D

Thanks for reading.

Salute!!

SS

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Paul and EL sell a version with better and more accurate date font. Not a big deal, but Andrew's and Joshua's version has it different... other than that it's the same watch. I got mine from Eddie (just go and compare the pics):

smp_dial.jpg

1.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I see that the datefont is differnt.... DOes that mean that it comes from differnt factory?

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
I tried to convince myself I didn't need one of these, I don't think I did it.

BEAUTIFUL!

Panama

10/9/06
SMP Chrono? Go for TTK`s, its the best in my opinion, because it has already re-aligned bezel and his service is also outstanding. I just got mine and IT ROCKS MAN!

Panama

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
I see that the datefont is differnt.... DOes that mean that it comes from differnt factory?
You appear to be under the impression that watches are made in one factory from beginning to end. I believe, however, that they're assembled from parts. I'd love to know more, though.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
By-Tor said:
Paul and EL sell a version with better and more accurate date font. Not a big deal, but Andrew's and Joshua's version has it different... other than that it's the same watch. I got mine from Eddie (just go and compare the pics):

smp_dial.jpg

1.jpg

What about belialk2, I like the fully serviced and 1yr warranty that's included in his price. Do the Chrono'si work, and who's Eddie? :oops:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I have to say that TTKs version was by far the best. Can you say "properly aligned bezel"?

Panama

10/9/06
andreww said:
I have to say that TTKs version was by far the best. Can you say "properly aligned bezel"?

Properly aligned bezel. good? :lol:

TTK`s SMP Chrono is perfect, I love it. :)

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Panama said:
andreww said:

Properly aligned bezel. good? :lol:

TTK`s SMP Chrono is perfect, I love it. :)

Previous post suggest aligning bezel is simple... I'd think servicing and warranty is more important...

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I have heard that these are not the same as previous Omegas, and bezel alignment is very tricky. I have seen one member who destroyed his SMP Chrono within hours of receiving it, trying to fix the bezel. TTKs watchsmith also wrecked a couple before figuring it out.

Panama

10/9/06
andreww said:
I have heard that these are not the same as previous Omegas, and bezel alignment is very tricky. I have seen one member who destroyed his SMP Chrono within hours of receiving it, trying to fix the bezel. TTKs watchsmith also wrecked a couple before figuring it out.

That`s the point. :wink:

SilverSurfer

Known Member
25/8/06
Thanks to all you guys for your responses...

Well, personally I think the date font is not a big deal as By-tor pointed out. But the misaligned bezel could be an "issue".

Can someone post pics of the small "flaw"? or the diffence between the standard and the corrected ones?

THnaks in advance for your additional help! :)

Salute!

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
The flaw is that the number line up with the "flat parts" of the bezel. The should be at the "points" like the gen. Apparently the entire bezel assembly must be removed to fix it. I have seen no posts describing how to safely do this.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
andreww said:
The flaw is that the number line up with the "flat parts" of the bezel. The should be at the "points" like the gen. Apparently the entire bezel assembly must be removed to fix it. I have seen no posts describing how to safely do this.
Sorry Obione, but check out By-Tor Omega SMP-Bond Guide thread has bezel re-alignment guide... [smilie=headbang.gif]

SilverSurfer

Known Member
25/8/06
I´ve read your guys' comments and did some research, I will go for the misaligned version and will take it to the watchmaker.

I´ve sent a couple of mails and PMs here and there and finally decided to go for Trusty.... I will post some pics when it arrives! I hope before Xmas! :D

Thanks to you all!

SS

hwrdpaula

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/06
smp chrono from TTK

Panama,
How did you get in touch with TTK. He does'nt respond to Emails! How did you pick out your watch--does he have a web site? :?: :?:
hp