• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RBII with stripping issues

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
My 13 years old RBII has crown stripping issues; for the moment I'm able to screw the crown, but I don't give it more than a few times left...
Is there a solution for this issue? thanks in advance

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
My 13 years old RBII has crown stripping issues; for the moment I'm able to screw the crown, but I don't give it more than a few times left...
Is there a solution for this issue? thanks in advance
You may want to consider replacing the 13 year old movement as there may be other issues that may arise. Best of luck.

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
You may want to consider replacing the 13 year old movement as there may be other issues that may arise. Best of luck.
The movement was serviced 3 years ago and it is running very strong… I don’t understand the point of your comment since the issue is casing related, not movement related…

gilrob

Legendary Member
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Attached… the crown is then screwed in a tube in the case
Agreed. If you had mentioned the fact that the movement was serviced 3 years ago in your opening statement, I would not have suggested that you replace it.

I suggest you reach out consult to one of the RWI approved watchmakers for advice. There is a list, Service and Parts Providers, which is in the Marketplace section. Most of these watchmakers don't carry parts and you'll have to provide your own parts. Trusty Time, a RWI trusted dealer, has a parts department. Contact them for the part(s) that you may need.

Again, best of luck.

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
Agreed. If you had mentioned the fact that the movement was serviced 3 years ago in your opening statement, I would not have suggested that you replace it.

I suggest you reach out consult to one of the RWI approved watchmakers for advice. There is a list, Service and Parts Providers, which is in the Marketplace section. Most of these watchmakers don't carry parts and you'll have to provide your own parts. Trusty Time, a RWI trusted dealer, has a parts department. Contact them for the part(s) that you may need.

Again, best of luck.
I know you are trying to help, but you’re not… I have been around in the rep world for 17 years and I know who I need to contact for parts.
FYI, the watch obviously is not produced anymore…
I assumed I would receive help from fellow members who had same problem than me.

Again, if there is any owner of this model having this issue, I will need your feedback please