• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rate my rep .. 007 Seamaster

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Most likely cheap Asian 21j Movement. Those kind of watches you can get from Silix for $60-$70.. (on in the streets for like $30)

From your pictures:

- Bezel is the wrong color (it should be blue)
- Bezel font is WAY off Numbers should be much smaller
- Bezel is misaligned
- The pearl is too big
- Crown is bad shape
- HE valve is at wrong position
- Crown guard is a bit off
- Second hand is too short
- Lume Dot on the hour hand is too big
- The 007 pattern is off (marker at 1 shouldn't be centered, marker at 2 should have more space, etc..)
- Date window shouldn't be back (it should be white)
- Date Font is wrong
- Caseback lack of details
- Markers at 12 are too big
- "Swiss made" on the dial is badly aligned (because the whole 007 pastern is off)
- Dial color is too dark (is it back ? should be matte blue without waves)

The rest, I can't tell unless I have better pictures.

So for £75 (~$150us) You got ripped. At that price, you can get ETA version and MUCH better quality.. But don't get sad, there is much worst story than yours... Some scam web site sell those kind of watches for $500 or even $1000 !

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
Caseback is wrong for the model....should have new 007 updated caseback :roll:

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Honestly, $150 dollars was way too much for this rep, just because of the bezel alone. It's a good thing you found the darkside. 8)

Check out this page for pics and the specs of the gen:

"http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=286&ref=22268000&no_cache=1"

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Thanks chaps .. I knew it was a lot to pay but before finding this place I didn't know of an alternative .. just ordered a PO 45mm ultimate from Josh so hope it's a lot closer to the real thing!

RE: the colour of the watch, it's black .. hence the diff face / bezel like the non 007 SMs .. would appear a black 007 doesn't exist though, doh!

Never mind .. live and learn :)

Cheers,
Monty

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
You will sure be VERY happy with the PO.. you will be impressed.

And like I said, don't be too mad.. $150 isn't much vs much worst story. Sure this money would have benn better spend elsewhere, but it's not too expensive to learn compared to those that pay $800 for a POS that might even not receive.

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Got my PO yesterday .. now _that_ is a rep - makes my 007 look like it came from a cracker.

:)

Adam

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
monty77 said:
Got my PO yesterday .. now _that_ is a rep - makes my 007 look like it came from a cracker.

:)

Adam

Congrats on the PO. That is going to be my next rep. Who did you buy it from?

And where are the pictures?