• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Questions about my new Ploprof V2

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
Well guys, just got my Ploprof from a forum member.
Before proceeding with the feedback, i'd like to know a few things that actually quite disappointed me but don't know if normal on this watch.

1) the crown mechanism seems not to be working right, or at least i think but seems really complicated. To fix the time i have to unscrew but still have to keep the crown a bit pulled off to be able to move the hands. This operation is not as easy and even more complicated fixing the date. Do other Ploprof suffer the same issue?

2) to rotate the bezel i have to push the button, but even it's quite hard to turn and impossible to do it without taking away the watch from your wrist.......is it normal?

Beside that the bezel has no lume at all because the seller painted the back of it in white to fix the issue of the grey indicators......but didn't apply the lume....:(

This things where not stated in the sale post, but before leaving a negative FB would like to listen for opinions. The watche was paid expensive and wile it's a very nice piece i'm disappointed with this issues that of course will cost me to fix in case are not "normal".
Cheers

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
1 is normal its same on the gen. Even harder to set the date because 8500 dont have quick date change mechanism.

2 yes this is normal on the rep V2 that is the only version i know with funktional bezel lock. The gen is hard to but smoother than the rep.

3 the lume from factory on V2 bezel is bad. To fix this aqua blue C1 is very good. Its very easy to relume cause you dont need to fill the lume exact only to see the numbers from the uppside. Paint here is waste of the bezel. Paint and lume is the same difficulty to apply here, why why why chose the paint...

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
Thanx mate, just made me feel a bit better :D
I guess that the seller did apply only paint because if going to the relume way he should also do it on the dial because they would easily mismatch.......maybe.
In any case i'll try to find a lume matching the dial and proceed for a relume.
Cheers

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
What he said.

This is why I went with the V1.5. Lume is actually pretty good on that version and it's a blessing that the bezel is bi-directional. Never slips and uni-directional bugs me sometimes. Since my life doesn't rely on making sure that the bezel never moves unless I go through the agony of changing it, I'm quite happy about it. :) The V1.5 also has the one piece caseback which really can only be discovered by removing it from the watch.

The positives about the V2 are that you can have it relumed to achieve the best lume possible. It's one of the super-reps of all time. :)

lourentgarnier

Renowned Member
4/4/10
What he said.

This is why I went with the V1.5. Lume is actually pretty good on that version and it's a blessing that the bezel is bi-directional. Never slips and uni-directional bugs me sometimes. Since my life doesn't rely on making sure that the bezel never moves unless I go through the agony of changing it, I'm quite happy about it. :) The V1.5 also has the one piece caseback which really can only be discovered by removing it from the watch.

The positives about the V2 are that you can have it relumed to achieve the best lume possible. It's one of the super-reps of all time. :)

Definatelly the V1.5 lume looks much better (at least in pics) than the one on the V2, compared to mine. But as you said it's a watch that deserves a nice relume job.
And again, wow what a nice piece of steel: really fantastic watch.
Cheers

PS:am i wrong or not all the new generation ploprofs have the 8500 movement? Maybe i'm mistaking but i think i read somewhere that the earlier ones had eta inside....possible?

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Omega 8500 movement is made on licence by ETA for omega. (booth swatch group)
But there are 2 version of the 8500 movement the first from 2007have Si14 balance and regular hairspring and the newer version 2009- have both balance and hairspring in Si14 (silicon) that is why omega increased the warranty from 24 month to 48 month. And the older versions also get 48 month warranty to make it easyer for sellers an coustomers.

Cheers

And yes all ploprof 1200 have the 8500 movement if it's not a rep.
The ploprof 600 from the 1970- have omega 1002.