• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question on Crystal Replacement in UPO

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Have a quick question for all you modders out there. I have one of the new sunnydale AR crystals on the way, and just wondering if you have to remove the bezel before replacing the crystal?

Couldn't I just remove the movement and dial, then push the crystal out from the inside? Anyone with pics of the crystal removal without removing the bezel?

The reason I ask is because I had a UPO before and tried to remove the bezel, and it could not be removed. I even bought a professional bezel remover from ebay, and that didn't work. I took it to my watchmaker, and he couldn't get it off either. So I'm afraid when I get my new UPO I won't be able to get the bezel off.

I bought the crystal and I don't even have a UPO. I only have the 42 5th gen. But hope to find one in the sales section soon.
T.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
You don't have to take the bezel off. Sometimes you can push the crystal out by hands but sometimes the crystal removal tool would be handy.

tracyl

22/4/11
Thanks! That is what I thought, but just wasn't sure. I found a great thread on how to replace the crystal, but it only showed after the bezel was removed, so wasn't sure what it looked like with the bezel on. I have a crystal press, so this should not be a problem for me.