• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question for the experts - Did I receive a JF V5 or something else.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
roseimperial

After comparing the pictures of the watch that I received with the pictures from I can see that Ryan at intime actually did not ship me a V5, they shipped me a V4 or even earlier. Look at the difference in the clasp and the crown. He offered me to ship me a dial, I am asking for the V5 watch that I paid for and never received!

IMG-3623-2.jpg

IMG-3617.jpg

Last edited:

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
What do you mean? Looks like a normal V5 to me.

If you look at the comparison between V4 and V5, for V5 they upgraded three things, the clasp engraving and depth of the engraving, the crown and the dial. Coincidentally none of these three things look the same on my watch as in the V5.

Ryan has the QC pictures of the watch he sent me, hopefully he will take a V5 watch, compare it with the pictures and realise it himself.

For your reference:

https://puretime.io/news/jf-15400-v5-bracelet-upgrade-comparison.html

Last edited:

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
If you look at the comparison between V4 and V5, for V5 they upgraded three things, the clasp engraving and depth of the engraving, the crown and the dial. Coincidentally none of these three things look the same on my watch as in the V5.

Ryan has the QC pictures of the watch he sent me, hopefully he will take a V5 watch, compare it with the pictures and realise it himself.

For your reference:

https://puretime.io/news/jf-15400-v5-bracelet-upgrade-comparison.html

I dont think the clasp was originally upgraded in V5 SS. It was just the clasp engraving. The other points were upgraded in the RG V5. or at least supposedly.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
yes thats the problem the V5 had the normal dial with the terrible printing then they did pring out a new V5 gold version with the new dial etc.

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
I dont think the clasp was originally upgraded in V5 SS. It was just the clasp engraving. The other points were upgraded in the RG V5. or at least supposedly.

well the clasp engraving I got is not upgraded, therefore I was given a V4 instead of a V5

cvij23

Horology Curious
26/6/18
Has anyone had a similar issue, and were sent a different version of what you ordered? How did you solve it? Ryan from intime is telling me he can offer me a "repair" on 30 days (LOL). I am starting to feel defrauded.