• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question for SMP 2541.80 quartz

tonibari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/06
Through a rookie mistake I ended up with the dial for a SMP 2541.80.

SMPblueDial.jpg

Now I was wondering if the Omega quartz movements are also based on ETA movements? If yes, which one will fit the 2541.80?

Thanks for any help

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
Hey i have this dial in my smp too..... but it has a asian automatic movement? screw the chinese :p

tonibari

21/10/06
piratedzeus said:
Hey i have this dial in my smp too..... but it has a asian automatic movement? screw the chinese :p

Just to clarify, you have a SMP 2541.80 quartz dial in your SMP rep with an Asian automatic movement? If this is correct could you share with me which Asian movement.

Toni

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
I did some research on this topic and found out it should be the ETA 255.461 movement.

Will cost you between 50 and 90 bucks.

This could be an interesting project since the gen quartz dial seems to be more available then the automatic one
I know lots of people don't like quartz but if you want your watch to be very accurate, this is the way to go!

You would need new hands aswell. These are also available at ofrei

Good luck

tonibari

21/10/06
Emzy said:
I did some research on this topic and found out it should be the ETA 255.461 movement.

Will cost you between 50 and 90 bucks.

This could be an interesting project since the gen quartz dial seems to be more available then the automatic one
I know lots of people don't like quartz but if you want your watch to be very accurate, this is the way to go!

You would need new hands aswell. These are also available at ofrei

Good luck

Now the next question will be if the 255.461 will fit into the rep case and if the stem will fit in the right position. Since I'm in the process of moving from west to east for me this project will have to wait a while.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
the real question is will you be able to find a set of hands that are accurate and will fit the movement. if you have a set already, i would suggest going to offei and see if they have any quartz movements with the same hands size.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
Here are the gen @mega hands from OttoFrei

"http://www.ofrei.com/omega-watch-hands-caliber-1438.html#11289"

Currently out of stock but they can re-order

I am telling you, this is a very cool project, I think I am going for it! I am kind of an accuracy freak :?