• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QUESTION for happy feet from factory!

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
i love omega planet ocean!45mm!i buy one from Mary before one year!after i see the new version with no happy feet and i have two question for omega experts!

1)its worth to take the new version with no happy feet?i believe its not worth to change my UPO swiss eta to buy the new with no happy feet!so?and what that i have the old version?
2)why all these years factory make version with happy feet?they dont see this mistake?they dont see the original watch from omega and do this mistake again and again?or they want from us to buy watches new versions all time?

automatics

4/11/10
i love omega planet ocean!45mm!i buy one from Mary before one year!after i see the new version with no happy feet and i have two question for omega experts!

1)its worth to take the new version with no happy feet?i believe its not worth to change my UPO swiss eta to buy the new with no happy feet!so?and what that i have the old version?
2)why all these years factory make version with happy feet?they dont see this mistake?they dont see the original watch from omega and do this mistake again and again?or they want from us to buy watches new versions all time?

if you already have the happy feet version.
don't fret too much.

seriously stare at the Gens even. the Omega logo is TINY.
it's not that obvious, unless someone is looking to call you out.
(then it comes down to how you carry the watch off)

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
99.9% of the people will NEVER get close enough to the Omega logo to ever notice the "happy feet". All I ever get is compliments on my two PO's ....

AskMeAgain

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/11
+1 to what the guys have said, if it bother you though spend the dollars on a gen dial for the same money as a new rep. :) get to keep the swiss and have a bang on dial too!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It's absolutely Not worth making the upgrade from the old upo to the 'new' upo for the benefit of some minor cosmetic changes, as said above, if you want to spend money then buy a gen dial for the old upo (will cost about the same as a new upo!)

....this single change of rep dial to gen will make a huge improvement as rep lume is not even close to gen. No point upgrading to rep again because of some happy feet! Just imo!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Yes - the factories do this to continue selling more watches. This is why almost every improvement is accompanied by some new flaw.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
My suggestion would be to change the Dial and the Hands for Gen and that will make a big difference to your PO... If you have some money left have the crystal double AR from a good modder and you're done. No need to change the crown or the He valve except if you want to have your PO waterproof !