• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about Omega PO with clear back

murkness

2/4/13
Hi! received my po a week or so ago from ryan. Its great except some small iffy stuff. was wondering if anyone else had this problem. the thing that spins to power the watch doesnt spin as freely as my other watches. If i hold the case in a position in which the spinning rotor is "down" then turn it so it is "flat" then basically invert it so it is "up" it doesnt even naturally fall down! it has like 45degrees of stuckedness . If that makes sense. As in i have to spin it (in 360 terms) past 45degrees from gravity-bound rest to make it go back to down position. Thanks guys! :goat:
pics for fun :D

edit : I was thinking maybe this was normal because the more "resistance" it has = the more power it supplies per turn? im not sure this is my first rep so let me know rwi! Thanks!

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
I decided to keep picard away today.
Anyway, it's perfectly fine. They will be resistance when the rotor rotate. It's winding up a spring! ^_^
If you turn the rotor the other way round, it will turn freely.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
It's because in one direction the rotor rotates freely and in the other it encounters winding resistance.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
I have the same issue with my Planet Ocean 45mm Ceramic Black Swiss Eta 2824-2.

The rotor (I believe that is the proper term) of the winding mechanism appears to be " stuck". In certain positions it will move 3/4 around and then meets resistance. If I smack it against my palm I can get it past position. I have never seen this in a gen and my other reps are not self winding. So I would reiterate the question. Is this inherent to a PO, a replica or is it a problem? Obviously the watch works fine and has good power reserve without it

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
The 2824 winds in both directions so will encounter resistance in both directions and not spin freely.

The Asian 21J and the 7750 only wind in one direction and spin freely the other direction.

JackP

Renowned Member
21/3/13
Interesting. Thanks. Feeling better because I did think watch was messed up