• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Queen Elizabeth past away!

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
RIP Queen Elizabeth!

She dies at the age of 96. Truly incredible!

King Charles is now the King!

Last edited:
Reactions: sharrkey

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
May her Rest in Peace.

Really an iconic life....from Churchill to Diana to...Boris Johnson....

She saw and lived so many situations.....a legendary life, legendary figure.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Passed. if it ends in T it’s to do with Time ie this happened in the pasT. whereas pasSED relates to movement. ie to go PASS something. From a brit 😉 who can’t speak a second language so wants to help others speak his 😝

Last edited:

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Passed. if it ends in T it’s to do with Time ie this happened in the pasT. whereas pasSED relates to movement. ie to go PASS something. From a brit 😉 who can’t speak a second language so wants to help others speak his 😝

<rant mode on>

Amen. As an American English speaker I cannot abide they way we systematically abuse the English language. Yes, we Yanks have our regional accents and colloquialisms but dammit man, learn how to use the language correctly! My father taught me that "the limits of your language are the limits of your world." He was correct. The way we casually accept misspellings, punctuation misuse, and generally pervert the English language is criminal. Of course, I was educated by the Nuns who would spank you if you used 'past' instead of 'passed.' (But I really kinda' dug it.) :cool:

<rant mode off>

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
<rant mode on>

Amen. As an American English speaker I cannot abide they way we systematically abuse the English language. Yes, we Yanks have our regional accents and colloquialisms but dammit man, learn how to use the language correctly! My father taught me that "the limits of your language are the limits of your world." He was correct. The way we casually accept misspellings, punctuation misuse, and generally pervert the English language is criminal. Of course, I was educated by the Nuns who would spank you if you used 'past' instead of 'passed.' (But I really kinda' dug it.) :cool:

<rant mode off>
It's the same in Germany. A professor told my friends son "don't mind spelling correctly. As long as the content is correct. "

Really? Is this what the world has come to?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I did initially give the OP a pass (did I use it right :p) because I thought perhaps English was not his first language, but then I checked location, and said Toronto, and thought :unsure: .

Then I thought, perhaps it is still not his native language, given how transient people are nowadays.

Then I thought, life is too short, and the time I spent typing this message could be better spent elsewhere, then I thought, dammit, am committed now, so best hit post reply :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have a great weekend folks

☘️

Last edited:

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
hey as i said…i’m completely inept at language and just about scrape by in english. After 4 years of evening class french i could just about order a baguette and ask where to park my cat ( that’s meow not voiture ) 😜

Rman

Rep Hobbyist
Supporter
28/6/22
Toronto
English was not my first language. I blame autocorrect! Couldn't edit title after realizing the mistake. Life goes on. Move on with your lives people!

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16