• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quality of gold plating on 5227 Miyota

bobschmidt

Horology Curious
31/12/15
I know that in general gold plating can be of varying quality. How is the plating on the YG Miyota 5227? I usually prefer SS watches, but I think the calatrava, because of its formality, should be in RG or YG. Anybody a frequent wearer of it? How does it hold up?

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
Been wearing mine for 2 weeks straight, only put in the box for showering and no visible signs of use. I do have the plastic foil on the back where it sits on the wrist.

bobschmidt

Horology Curious
31/12/15
Been wearing mine for 2 weeks straight, only put in the box for showering and no visible signs of use. I do have the plastic foil on the back where it sits on the wrist.

Good to know, thanks.

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15

Hi mate, looking for a 5227 RG miyota myself, can you suggest a TD please?

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
I got it from TSWATCH, but any of them will source it. BTW my watch took 1 week to get here from Hong Kong(sent 3 days before christmas arrived 4 days after, with weekend in between) ! I'm really happy with the shipping time although it has nothing to do with the TD besides the fact they ship from Hong Kong.

Saby

Renowned Member
24/12/15
I got it from TSWATCH, but any of them will source it. BTW my watch took 1 week to get here from Hong Kong(sent 3 days before christmas arrived 4 days after, with weekend in between) ! I'm really happy with the shipping time although it has nothing to do with the TD besides the fact they ship from Hong Kong.

Awsm, thanks, can you please share some pics bro? Always a sucker for a 5227 :)

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
It's the last YG 5227 on the "what patek philippe are you wearing today" thread

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
BTW i posted my watch for trade (in the trade section). It's too small for my wrist :(

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
BTW i posted my watch for trade (in the trade section). It's too small for my wrist :(

I disagree with you.. I think it looks great on your wrist. not too big, not too small. you need one dress watch like this, and you can't get any better than this.. I see you will be regretting this soon, and will be looking for it again :)

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
haha, that might friend i suspect may be the truth :p I'm already having some misgivings, but... the Portuguese is delightful too and can work as a dress watch.

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
...aaaand I'm buying a Sinn klassisk regulator 6001 4n or B next week.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
lovely gen watch, in my opinion is a bit too large for a dress watch, but of course it is something you want. I still think you would miss the YG 5711. ;)
but good luck nevertheless mate :)

qbit

Known Member
7/12/15
Thanks :) If i really miss it, it won't be hard to shell out 300$ for such a stunning piece :)