• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quality of 45mm UPO orange bezel?

toasternz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/12
Hi guys, I have a pumpkin UPO V5 45mm which I love, however when you compare the colour of the bezel it seems to be much 'redder' than the 'light orange' on the gen ; seems like an obvious tell ; are my eyes deceiving me?

If so, what are the options here? From reading many forum posts I see that it's possible to try to source a gen insert and do some serious filling to make it fit. Is that the only real option?

Thanks for your time (no puns intended ;) ).

PhotoGuy

26/10/11
The bigger tell will be the pearl and the lume of the pearl. It is too big and 'low' and too green. Compare some shots and you'll quickly notice. The orange isn't that bad because gens tend to shift colors a lot.

JFM

18/2/11
I've heard that sourcing a gen and filling will work, but it is tricky. There may be a few modders here that can actually fit a gen bezel to it. You will have to search around. Check the Omega section. I'm in the process of modding a 45.5 PO also. Mine looks good so far. Good luck to you.

toasternz

30/4/12
The orange isn't that bad because gens tend to shift colors a lot.

When you say gens tend to shift colours do you mean amongst all the different PO years the colour is not consistent or is more to do with viewing angle ? I'm less worried about the pearl placement etc as mine on the rep is pretty good; its just the difference in the overall orange shade from the gen pics I've seen to the rep worrying me! Cheers

Mr.RadioActive

23/8/07
The rep vs gen insert is a huge difference. The lime isn't so much a tell IMHO. Who stares at lume? The orange is off and black lines are thin. The main tell is the orange. U can buy a insert gen or eBay knockoff and modify it to fit. The gen bezel on a 45.5 is a really tough job!!!!! Really tough. The bezel is fine as well but the insert needs to be changed.