• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quailty issue with "Ultimate" PO

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
In an attempt to reattach a lume marker on the dial, opened up the back case and discovered that all three tabs and screws that hold the movement are missing. Does anyone know where I can get a hold of these?

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
wow, I would not try to replace those screws. Did you get it at a dealer here? If so i would email them and tell them of the problem so you can get the watch replaced.

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
I got this watch from a dealer here about a month ago, is this still acceptable? I also emailed him about some extra links for the bracelet and still trying to waiting for them. Watch has been kind of unwearable since.

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
BWL said:
I got this watch from a dealer here about a month ago, is this still acceptable? I also emailed him about some extra links for the bracelet and still trying to waiting for them. Watch has been kind of unwearable since.

Yes, I would say it is acceptable. the watch is clearly flawed and you just found out about it. I would have it replaced. I would also request that the new watch be checked for similer problems before it is sent out.

EDIT: Also check this thread for more information: http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19073

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
Thanks, I did check the movement and it does seem to be a swiss eta, so no problem with that at least. :roll:

cschenone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/8/06
I too bought a PO from one of our dealers. When I opened the back to verify the movement the tabs and screws were not there. I emailed the dealer as was told that it was not an issue because the crown stem and case back (with magnetic cover) would hold the movement.

I have had the watch since December and this has not been an issue.

Chris

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i have found this to be the ( unbelivable ) case with a lot of watches....screws missing...especially movement screws
before i call around...write e-mails, wait for weeks...yawn...i decided to get a little pro active, and bought that for $ 30 :

a set of almost any screw you can lose in a watch....swiss made...everybody should have one of those at home !

nietzsche

Known Member
9/1/07
cschenone said:
I too bought a PO from one of our dealers. When I opened the back to verify the movement the tabs and screws were not there. I emailed the dealer as was told that it was not an issue because the crown stem and case back (with magnetic cover) would hold the movement.

I have had the watch since December and this has not been an issue.

Chris

Yes, the mag cover does indeed hold the movement there, but it doens't get around the issue it is missin screws. It is like if you bought a car that was missing panel screws and the dealer said that the fact that it hasn't fallen apart is justification for why they aren't there.

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
My main concern is with the missing screws causing damage somehow.

Anyways, was able to remove the movement and reglue the marker. Put everything back together and everything seems to work properly. First time doing anything like this before, was pretty worried.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Here we go again.

QC gone to the dogs..

How many more good examples of the bad are we going to treat as "normal occurence"??

I tell ya, owning one or two good gens keeps sounding better every time.

My Superocean is good though. Paid $338 plus an $80 repair bill and now it is holding its own so far! :shock:

(cross my fingers)

reeseg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/06
Texas
horologie_unitas said:
i have found this to be the ( unbelivable ) case with a lot of watches....screws missing...especially movement screws
before i call around...write e-mails, wait for weeks...yawn...i decided to get a little pro active, and bought that for $ 30 :

a set of almost any screw you can lose in a watch....swiss made...everybody should have one of those at home !

OK, I'll bite. Where did you get it? The Bay?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
a local watchsmith could replace the scrwes for you - but the last time i had a case screw missing, it cost me 10 dollars to replace 1 tiny screw.

if u dont want to buy the kit, then a local watchguy is the only option :/

BWL

Horology Curious
10/1/07
There is a watch smith in my city that works on watches and clocks, never visited him before. I live in a small city, so I'm probably thinking he doesn't see many manual watches, so I hope he'll have them.

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
I bought my Ultimate PO last month from one of the dealers here, last night while adjusting the time, I can't screw down the crown, not sure what is the cause could be the screws are stripped? Any suggestion on how to fix this?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
amadeus said:
I bought my Ultimate PO last month from one of the dealers here, last night while adjusting the time, I can't screw down the crown, not sure what is the cause could be the screws are stripped? Any suggestion on how to fix this?

did the crown strip? that is a very common problem with those watches.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Oh come on people... it's sitting right there yet... no one has jumped on it!

Ok, I'll do it!

Hey horologie_unitas, .... looks like you have more than one screw loose!
[smilie=laughing4.gif]

yeah.. ok.. not that funny. [smilie=tongue9.gif]

Ferrariman

Renowned Member
19/8/06
daytona4me said:
Oh come on people... it's sitting right there yet... no one has jumped on it!

Ok, I'll do it!

Hey horologie_unitas, .... looks like you have more than one screw loose!
[smilie=laughing4.gif]

yeah.. ok.. not that funny. [smilie=tongue9.gif]

:D I got a chuckle.

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
hk45ca said:
amadeus said:

did the crown strip? that is a very common problem with those watches.

Looks like it.

nietzsche

Known Member
9/1/07
Mine stripped, I shipped it back to the dealer and am waiting fo it to come back.

It is a common problem (fairly), but the thing is you can't really tell if it is stripped because the crown is internally threaded.