• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Qk Qns: Recent 5GPO has a dummy HE or a hole?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
As topic, my 5GPO is arriving soon and I was wondering if I need to epoxy the HE valve, anyone just gotten one recently?
Watch from Trevor btw.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I have not opened mine up yet. R2? What say you? :lol:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I say put a gen valve on it and have it work as intended. :lol2: Seriously when in doubt, have it tested. You never know, it might be just fine.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I say put a gen valve on it and have it work as intended. :lol2: Seriously when in doubt, have it tested. You never know, it might be just fine.

I rather get the gen crown and tube than the (much useless) HE vavle :lol:
I will be opening up to grease the gasket and o-rings, but kindda lazy to remove the movement to check the valve out... :whistle:

As a side question: To release, I press the stem release slightly of the 2824 at the winding position right?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I rather get the gen crown and tube than the (much useless) HE vavle :lol:
I will be opening up to grease the gasket and o-rings, but kindda lazy to remove the movement to check the valve out... :whistle:

As a side question: To release, I press the stem release slightly of the 2824 at the winding position right?

Some saying winding position and some say time set position. I always do the time set position and it works for me.

Pulling it out is always the easy part........:whistle:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Some of the newer PO 5th gen are being sold with the rep He already glued into place (for waterproofing reasons ;)) which is fine, but doesnt help when you need to remove the crappy rep one in order to glue a gen He on :D

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I thought I saw that one did not have the case drilled fully through. Might have been the new SD. :thinking: