• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Tag F1 Chronograph - My First Rep ever, feedback greatly appreciated

TimeRaga

Just a noob who got the watch bug 🪲
16/1/24

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
We don't make your choices.
You do. After you've done your due diligence / reading etc.

One of the RWI rules is to not post QC pics and ask general questions. Only for specific things that are way off.

Looks like a watch to me. Yep. Definitely a watch.

You've said it's 'good' etc.

So GL and wait.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
@TimeRaga

If you look at that CAZ1011, you will see that the sub dials are off size and location wise, and the Date Window is lower than the 4.

For roughly $100 more buy the XTF Swiss movement one, it is a NWBIG, because on the cheaper ones the 1/10th seconds does not work correctly, the other subdial functions also are not as Gen, and the Dial is incorrect as I just said.

The Movement in the "Swiss XTF" is a Ronda as per ori spec, I am honestly not sure if it is a Gen Ronda or a rep, but my gut says it's Gen Ronda, because the cost of a new Ronda is low, so probably not worth repping it.

They work very very well, I own 2 of them atm, the Gulf Version and the McLaren.

Also, the CAZ1011 I have is identical to that watch, and once I got the (currently) $238 XTF's I also realised that the case thickness is bigger.
Final thing is the Bracelet on the cheaper watch is not up to much, I upgraded mine with a decent one (circa $100), but that involves careful engineering as the Curved SEL's are not the regular radius ;)

When I get my cabinet full I will be upgrading my Grey dial one to the XTF Version, Steve @ TheOneWatches is my go to for these and his prices are good (y)

HTH

Last edited:

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Here is pics of my Cheapie Grey CAZ1011 and my $238 Gulf Edition, the differences are obvious with naked eye, even before we consider the stop watch issues ;)

All this said and pictured, I still wear the Grey, because I like it, those who have seen it didn't spot the obvious
:ROFLMAO:

The Grey was my second purchase after joining here, (first Chrono here), and i was (and still am happy) at that price point, I've just upped my game these days Chrono wise ;)

Last edited:

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21

If you need some advice, there's a subreddit ReptimeQC. It can give you an idea...

Reactions: TimeRaga

TimeRaga

Just a noob who got the watch bug 🪲
16/1/24

I understood my shortcomings and sorry for the post. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions and pics @Nono92 @Dave2302 @DiggerOfWatches