• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pics Omega Planet Ocean

derp

Horology Curious
11/10/11
Hi Everyone

I just got my QC pics for my first rep which is an Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. I order of asain7750 as he is a trusted dealer.
Thought I'd post the pictures and see what people thoughts are and also as a reference if anyone wishes to purchase the same watch off him.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
The things that glare at me are: the he valve is in the wrong position, and the seahorse on the caseback isn't very detailed compared to gen. (same as most reps)

cptkirk

Renowned Member
30/12/08
Is this a budget watch? The clasp doesnt look like the others I have seen and why cant they take a picture with the pearl centered.

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I agree with boostin20. The HEV position is wrong (though it's not likely many will notice)
The clasp looks standard to me. The insert pearl looks good too. If you're planning to do a Franken, find one with a more accurate HEV position (like the 4th/5th gen. 42mm or the UPO 45mm). If you're just shooting for a good daily beater and the HEV isn't an issue for you, I'd say go for it.

nr73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/11
Can I ask, where exactly is the correct position for the helium valve?

I had the chance to compare my 42mm PO yesterday with a genuine. On mine the He valve is exactly where it appears on the Omega website PO shot. On the gen (which is 2 years old and they may have revised it in that time perhaps?) it was a few mm further north than both my rep and Omega's own website.

???????

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
It'll be tough finding a version with a higher He valve anyways. It's one of those things you won't worry about when you actually have the watch on your wrist.

As others have said, the pearl looks good! Go for it!

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
Looks like a scratch in the bezel. At "20", in the zero. I dont like that......