• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC photos of my Vacheron Constantin Overseas

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Hi, I just received QC photos of my Vacheron Constantin Overseas from Watcheden. Let me know what you think, and if it looks okay to accept. Thanks.

Took advantage of their CNY sale ($25 off coupon), so it came up to $253 (with free shipping).

post-29905-0-68107000-1297924676.jpg

post-29905-0-05818300-1297924684.jpg

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
I'm no expert here , it looks good to me apart for the crooked cross, but maybe it looks crooked in that picture not in the flesh

Angmav

Horology Curious
4/4/10
Stunning formal dress watch. The cross really does look crooked. Apart from that, it looks great

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Hmm... unfortunately, they weren't able to find one without the crooked cross issue, so I've cancelled my order, and they'll refund my money.

I really wanted the Silix version with double AR, but they're apparently out of stock, so I might be haunting the sales forum. PM me if you have one for sale.

In the meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the new Patek Nautilus with display back and corrected datewheel and date placement. It looks wonderful. I know it's being sold by the cartel dealers, but if you're aware of any trusted dealers on RWI who will carry this, and sell it for less than the $418 I'm being quoted, please let me know. Thanks.

Angmav

Horology Curious
4/4/10
Got mine from Hont The cross is strait on mine. I keeps the best time of any of my 20 odd mechanical watches including the gen ones

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Which clasp did this one have? I have a white dial that I need to throw a new movement in.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Okay, so watcheden wasn't able to source me a Vacheron Constantin Overseas with a properly aligned cross, so I ended up ordering it from Hont instead. These are some photos from the QC shots.

I waited so long on this replica that I ended up purchasing the genuine Overseas from an authorized dealer, it's my first high-end watch, and I'm planning on using the replica for regular wear, and the genuine for special occasions.

_DSC0590.jpg

_DSC0569.jpg

_DSC0594.jpg

_DSC0593.jpg

This last photo is of the genuine watch:

VCO1.jpg

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Wait.. let me get this straight. You have a gen VC Overseas and want to buy a rep one just for normal usage?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Its a smart move especially if it is for daily wear... Why have your expensive gen take the abuse.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

audace

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/11
Its a smart move especially if it is for daily wear... Why have your expensive gen take the abuse.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

yup. hope to own the gens of the reps i have (and going to have) one day... but it would be a long long way... :facepalm:

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Wait.. let me get this straight. You have a gen VC Overseas and want to buy a rep one just for normal usage?

Yes, I'm planning on wearing it daily, it seems like too much abuse on the gen VC. I mean irrespective of how careful one is, the nicks, scratches, and dings are unavoidable, and I just wanted to minimize the daily wear, and just save the gen for special events.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
In this case, the gen was purchased from a respected authorized dealer, but if I was purchasing from a grey market dealer, then knowing as much as possible about the various tells between the gen and rep would be very helpful in authenticating the gen purchase. This knowledge offers a bit less protection against frankens, but it would certainly be horrible to be jipped by a cartel rep.

I would be loathe to have to remove the caseback on a water resistant gen, just so as to authenticate the watch by looking at the movement.