• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Omega SMP Chrono - Which version ?

bunbury

Known Member
9/2/11
Weird that the Omega symbol and lettering are both black. I've never seen that before and I've been looking at a lot of SMP chronos recently. it'll be interesting to see what some of the more experienced collectors have to say.

Fortey

21/7/10
It's just reflecting dark there:

37229_3.jpg

dan_j

5/11/10
You need to clarify what you're asking.

The watch is the latest edition with red lettering and red hand tips (and few other changes like the AR but I'm not 100% sure).

If you're asking if it's the latest rep version...I have no idea.

Daniel

Cynikal.Mindset

Renowned Member
7/1/11
I think the concern is the OMEGA lettering on the dial having the letters joining at the bottom of each letter rather than bottom/middle like so

22258000-30.jpg

dan_j

5/11/10
Ah ok I had no idea. So the gen has the letters all connected in the middle? That's interesting I have a used one incoming and from the pictures it's connected in the middle (the seller said it's only a couple of weeks old).

The pictures that OP posted seems to show letters connected at the bottom...hmmm...

Daniel

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Good catch. Small detail, but that one would bother me, too. The latest version has the logo correct (center connected), so I would ask about that.

No better pics of the dial?

Here's a pic showing it correctly on the rep

fbac3c2efb993d55048963b8d2db7bd4.image.800x532.jpg

D

d4m.test

Say, do these SMP Chronos accept gen crown and tubes?
Was thinking of getting the newer version but the OMEGA signage bugs me as well.
I have the older version and watch smith is getting trouble sourcing the correct crown tube and crown for the rep, mine stripped?

angkikee

Known Member
14/12/10
I think you can fit the crown and tube but you should change both at the same time as the thread is different so a rep tube and gen crown won't go together. i might be wrong. i have the watch but mine hasn't stripped and i'm not planning on that mod anytime soon.