• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC issues on my UPO logo (left foot)

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
Just got my 007 CR UPO with rubber strap and for the most part satisfied with the timepiece. I can live with the sloppy bezel but the logo is absolutely horrible! The left foot on the logo is virtually melded to the left leg. Has anybody had this issue with their POs as mine has got to be the worst example of the logo? I think the foot can be safely carved/shaped with some really fine microsurgery but is there any modder out there that can fix it am I better off getting a gen dial? If any modders out there can help please chime in. Thanks, Stan :cry:

Pics added..
upo1.jpg

upo2.jpg

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Got a pic? I've heard of crooked logos (I have one) but not this issue.

Adam

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Get the dealer to send another.....this is absolute shite.

soysauce8

26/4/07
lol, that is way off, def something a 5 year old kid can pick out. Get that fixed my man

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
The dealer has gotten back to me and offered to exchange the UPO for another. If this was a simple fix I could have lived with it but I am not a modder or watch repair expert. Kudos and congrats to the dealer for speedy communication and great customer service!

monty77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/07
Wow .. that is bad. Good to hear the dealer is sorting you out ...
Adam

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
bme said:
I hope that was drop shipped!

It was not drop shipped but did come from directly from the dealer. They sincerely apologized for letting this one slip thru their QC and are offering to make things right which is great.

Jumbie

15/5/07
uspopo said:
bme said:

It was not drop shipped but did come from directly from the dealer. They sincerely apologized for letting this one slip thru their QC and are offering to make things right which is great.
I don't buy that. No way someone could miss something that obvious.

I'm sure it was drop-shipped and you're being fed a line of BS regarding QC.

Glad it's being sorted out because that logo is absolutely horrible and is not something I could live with; even if I didn't care that it screams fake.

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
Jumbie said:
uspopo said:
bme said:

I don't buy that. No way someone could miss something that obvious.

I'm sure it was drop-shipped and you're being fed a line of BS regarding QC.

Glad it's being sorted out because that logo is absolutely horrible and is not something I could live with; even if I didn't care that it screams fake.

It wasn't drop shipped because the package did not come from China if you are curious. I don't want to name the country of origin as to reveal the dealer's identity until the watch is replaced. They did apologize and want to make things right and if it works out in the end that is all that matters. Stan