• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC concern

Brint12

Horology Curious
31/8/22
Anyone else think the bezel and date wheel look a little off? Might just be being picky but wanted some other opinions. Thanks!

mrtwelvetwelve

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/22
Where is this from? Not only is date off the font looks terrible. Hard pass.

mrtwelvetwelve

15/4/22
Where is this from? Not only is date off the font looks terrible. Hard pass.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
OP, what exactly are your concerns? What bothers you about dw and bezel? What did you order in the first place? The question is, is it really QC or is it the factory's flaws? If you chose a factory that HAS a thick dw font and a bezel which isn't yet the best, we'll then that's what you get...
Difficult to judge any alignment issues or bezel shape from those 2 pics. The only evident thing is that it looks like the ARF dw font which is notoriously off.

drinkdrankdrunk

19/11/21
UK
Agree we need more pictures. To me, the bezel looks fine. The date font isn’t great, but a genuine DW is always a possibility.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Agree we need more pictures. To me, the bezel looks fine. The date font isn’t great, but a genuine DW is always a possibility.
Not entirely true, not "always" a possibility. Depending on the movement it has, it may fit, it may not. That's why knowing what was ordered would be a nice to know, too.

Brint12

Horology Curious
31/8/22

DATEJUST 36 SS 116234 ARF 1:1 BEST EDITION 904L STEEL BLACK DIAL ON JUBILEE BRACELET SH3135 V3 so I was expecting it to be better​

Brint12

Horology Curious
31/8/22
OP, what exactly are your concerns? What bothers you about dw and bezel? What did you order in the first place? The question is, is it really QC or is it the factory's flaws? If you chose a factory that HAS a thick dw font and a bezel which isn't yet the best, we'll then that's what you get...
Difficult to judge any alignment issues or bezel shape from those 2 pics. The only evident thing is that it looks like the ARF dw font which is notoriously off.

DATEJUST 36 SS 116234 ARF 1:1 BEST EDITION 904L STEEL BLACK DIAL ON JUBILEE BRACELET SH3135 V3 so I was expecting it to be better​

drinkdrankdrunk

19/11/21
UK
Not entirely true, not "always" a possibility. Depending on the movement it has, it may fit, it may not. That's why knowing what was ordered would be a nice to know, too.
You’re absolutely right. I’m making the mistake of assuming a clone movement, which I guess the ARF doesn’t have.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU

OK, well, as said, ARF has the bold dw font issue, cannot be helped. Good news, that movement is ok for frankening afaik, albeit not the best quality, appears to be a 50/50 chance to be a bit crappy. Many advice service immediately upon arrival.
Plenty of threads on the topic.
Not aware of any major issue concerning the ARF bezel.
As for any alignment issues, well the pictures are not the best ones to judge.
Hope it helped

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
That's the normal SH Font for the date wheel.

I simply replaced the whole movement to a VR3135.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Ah, and for the "expecting to be better" part, ARF is good, as good as it gets. Especially for a DJ36, which is not really done by many, there isn't much better than that. Lately some swear on the GMF, but that's opinions. ARF still does the best bracelets afaik, and for overall quality you can't really complain. It's a good buy, change the movement as @Storm069 said and you'll be all right.

Reactions: Storm.