• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime's BCE Graphite Dial small preview

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
Hi Gang,
i received my BCE from Angus...
I must say,this is fantastic accurate watch compared to the gen one....
The graphite Dial is fantastic,the AR coating on both side of the safir Glass is damm great...
Case,bracelet,bezel,pearl is 1 to 1 to the gen one...
I took the Asia Valjoux one and it works great...
Ok enough of words her we go......

The watch

imgp3002gn4.jpg

imgp3003up4.jpg

The Dial

imgp2993hr1.jpg

imgp3006xg1.jpg

imgp2999yz8.jpg

imgp3000eq9.jpg

imgp3016mg9.jpg

Bezel

imgp3004yz6.jpg

imgp2998sm6.jpg

imgp3008wg7.jpg

Bracelet/Clasp

imgp2996ke9.jpg

imgp3007iz8.jpg

imgp3009po4.jpg

imgp3013mv5.jpg

imgp3012da6.jpg

I Think its a beauty,thanks Angus

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
It is indeed an extremely handsome watch. Thank you for the review & the vote of confidence! :D
I can tell that the AR is good from the first pic - the reflection of your hand is minimal.
The detail looks superb, this is what I switched for the SuperOcean SF, but it is the next thing that I'll order from Angus!

Very good macro shots too! Enjoy! :)

mtb1979

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/07
Importr said:
It is indeed an extremely handsome watch. Thank you for the review & the vote of confidence! :D
I can tell that the AR is good from the first pic - the reflection of your hand is minimal.
The detail looks superb, this is what I switched for the SuperOcean SF, but it is the next thing that I'll order from Angus!

Very good macro shots too! Enjoy! :)

I agree! A minor tip on the photos...

If your camera allows you to adjust the white balance, that might take some of the yellow out.

Great watch!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
...and if thats the Asian 7750....well I'll be damned! :shock:

The date font looks.......SWISS!! :D

jdkno

Horology Curious
30/1/07
Just wondering because I really can't tell from the pictures. Are the subdials the same color as the face?

On the Gen the graphite dial w/ red writing also has graphite subdials, the graphite dial with white writing has the black subdials. On this version it looks like the graphite dial with red writing and black subdials which would make it not 1:1 with the gen??

lovepanerai

28/7/06
the subdials are in fact black and not graphite and the dial has a brownish color....what a shame afer all this anticipation and waiting - I even spent over $400 on a gen croco with deployment, but I will never mount it and probably sell the strap and deployment again :cry:

jdkno

Horology Curious
30/1/07
Oh well I guess there is always the Steelfish, that one looks pretty spot on??

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
jdkno said:
Just wondering because I really can't tell from the pictures. Are the subdials the same color as the face?

On the Gen the graphite dial w/ red writing also has graphite subdials, the graphite dial with white writing has the black subdials. On this version it looks like the graphite dial with red writing and black subdials which would make it not 1:1 with the gen??

On a gen Graphite Dial the Subdials are black too...........

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
lovepanerai said:
the subdials are in fact black and not graphite and the dial has a brownish color....what a shame afer all this anticipation and waiting - I even spent over $400 on a gen croco with deployment, but I will never mount it and probably sell the strap and deployment again :cry:

If your that unhappy and in the US, let me know i'll take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
jdkno said:

it also has the wrong hour markers. this dial is very wrong. the most correct dial is the white one.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
tribal said:
jdkno said:

On a gen Graphite Dial the Subdials are black too...........

on the gen you have 2 different graphite dials. 1 that is solid graphite and one that has black subdials. the rep version with black sudials has lots of inaccuracies.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
that watch has a lot going on...I'm ignorant on inaccuracies of Breitling reps but it sure looks nice to me... :)

jdkno

Horology Curious
30/1/07
Ok here are the problems with this version.

Graphite dial, black subdial gen - this version of the gen does not have steps on the hour markers and the word "Automatic" is written in white not red.

Graphite dial, graphite subdial gen - this version has the "Automatic" written in red and the stepped hour markers, however the subdials are the same color as the dial not black.

So yes there are two Genuine Breitlings with graphite dials but this rep is not 1:1 with either of them its somewhat of a Hybrid of the two mixed together. In order to make this rep accurate you would have to change the "Automatic" from red to white and change the stepped hour markers to the normal smooth ones. Other than that the only way to make it right would be to change the subdial color from black to graphite.

lovepanerai

28/7/06
jdkno said:
Ok here are the problems with this version.

Graphite dial, black subdial gen - this version of the gen does not have steps on the hour markers and the word "Automatic" is written in white not red.

Graphite dial, graphite subdial gen - this version has the "Automatic" written in red and the stepped hour markers, however the subdials are the same color as the dial not black.

So yes there are two Genuine Breitlings with graphite dials but this rep is not 1:1 with either of them its somewhat of a Hybrid of the two mixed together. In order to make this rep accurate you would have to change the "Automatic" from red to white and change the stepped hour markers to the normal smooth ones. Other than that the only way to make it right would be to change the subdial color from black to graphite.

actually there is one with Graphite Dial and that's the one with the graphite subdials and the red lettering - the other one has a slate grey dial with black subdials and white lettering - the hour markers on the graphite one are correct it is the dial and subdial color that is incorrect.