• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pugwash Planet Ocean Ultimate Edition pictorial

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Presenting my 45mm Planet Ocean - Ultimate Edition from Precious Time.

This is a fairly light pictorial, I'm afraid. I'm just going to keep it to four photos as you've seen all the possible views this watch can be seen from. I don't want to add more, especially seeing as my good friend By-Tor did the definitive review and anything I did subsequently would be a pale imitation, and Bazz did a decent run of photos as well, and I don't want to distract you from his amazing Planet Ocean splash pieces. Check them out, they're worth hunting down.

So, two of these pics are enlargeable and two aren't. I hope you enjoy them, they're pushed a little in post production, but I hope that doesn't distract from the natural beauty of this beast.

For those on the fence about this one, particularly because of its size, can I just say that yes, it's a big bugger and yes, it's heavy, but it wears well even on skinny wrists like my scrawny 6.75" girly-man pipe-cleaners. However, take it to your local shop if you're not of By-Tor-Forearm size as resizing this one requires a lot more violence than usual.

If you're looking for a watch that screams "Get out my way, Man hunt Bison!" or "Good Evening Mish Moneypenny. I'm about to violate you with my man-shaushage, aye, indeed lashie" then this is the one. It isn't masculine in an over-compensating way, it's masculine in a "I've just climbed out of Eva Green and into my Aston Martin" way. It doesn't compensate, it declares.

On with the pictures.

click for 1280x960 version

click for 1280x960 version

po45-06.jpg

po45-05.jpg

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I'm just going to tenderise some steak Rocky-style, for I am Man.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
:lol:

Great pics, and and a good humourous description - much needed during these dark days

Cheers!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
[smilie=notworthy.gif] [smilie=notworthy.gif] [smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif] [smilie=notworthy.gif] [smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif][smilie=notworthy.gif]

FLIP954RR

Renowned Member
10/1/07
Great pics :shock: -I am also awaiting for my PO from Andrew with the orange bezel
cant wait 8)

dangerman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/10/06
I really love this review Pugwash. You have addressed exactly what I have been thinking.

I lean toward the PO but wondered about which size to go for. Thought it might just be too big for my smallish wrist? As I have a similar 6.7" wrist it looks like can go ahead now.

The other thought was is it the image I am looking for. Tough but not try hard. Again the answer seems to be yes.

Money and wife permitting I'll be getting one this year :)

Thanks Pug!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
dangerman said:
I really love this review Pugwash. You have addressed exactly what I have been thinking.
Excellent. I appreciate this comment as it convinces me I need to get more watches to review. :D

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
Thanks pug... seeing your review and the photo, makes me hor#@.... need to get one.
:lol: :lol: seriously...was afraid it will be to big for me.

Dan

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
These are great pics. How does this compare to the gen? Have you had a chance to see and compare? So many watches so confusing.

D

2/12/06
hey pug! how about a wristshot!

I thought I had the skinniest wrists in the world until I came to this forum!!!

thanks!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
...great photos of a great watch. Thanks for showing them, notwithstanding the Napolean complex.. :)

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I should have this one in the Asian 28,800 movement tomorrow or Saturday. What a deal from Joshua..... :D :D :D :D

THOR509

Renowned Member
12/4/06
GREAT PICS pug :)your descript it makes me want to get 1 and i would , if i didnt have to take off my pan Marina from Ruby or my mini fiddy to wear it . but i truely cant bear not to have them on . they fit your masculine description perfectly without haveing to copy james bonds image :) They say it all by themselves ! 1 more pam and i am thru buying watches ! i dont need , nor want a bunch of watches i wont wear as im NOT the collecter type my last watch will be Davidsons 3646 Marina Militare WITH the rolex like parts , and saphire front and back , if avail :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
thelawnmowerman said:
Pug , what do you think of the lume?
Not as good as my Seiko, but better than all my other reps.

It's the one in the middle here:
lume-3.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Gen 45mm PO and Seiko Orange/Black Monster have probably the most impressive lumes of all watches. I owned a Orange Monster and it had impressive luminous abilities. No wonder the rep pales in comparison. But I agree... it's still good lume for a rep.