• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Protecting Your Omega

double0sev3n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/09
I know that many of our members have spent hundreds of dollars on getting AR on their watches just to get scratches on it a few days later...

So I did some research and found a website called ZAGG. In a nut shell, this company sells something called an invisibleSHIELD that protects your watch or other valuables from scratches.

Here's the link:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/ome ... hields.php (MOD EDIT: No need to rename link anymore thanks to anonymn to, so, don't worry. ;) )

I'm posting this to get feedback. Is this a good idea? Has anyone tried it? I'm looking forward to the feedback :D

double0sev3n

31/3/09
That's what I think too...also it might be not even worth getting an AR, if you're going to a .2mm plastic over the crystal. I'm still curious if anyone's thought of doing this or have.

Cheers.

b16a2

13/1/07
I've never heard of this product so can't comment on it.

AR is very durable though, and as long as you exercise a certain level of care when wearing your watch, and choosing not to wear it in circumstances where you are likley to ding it (ie changing an engine or in a busy bar) then you'll be fine without this product

izebulon

2/1/09
You know, it was just the other day: pulled up at the drive-in Brew-Thru, couldn't get the car running after picking up the case of Meister Brau & litre of Knob Creek, and next thing I know I'm putting a Zorro "Z" on my SMP while pulling the starter. If only I had a watch condom....

I'm likely one of the first people to scratch the exterior AR and/or front crystal of any given watch, but a plastic shield? Seriously, that is what my great-grandmother's couch had. Not to mention the Daily Show this week. At that point I'm willing to chalk up the annoying scratch to "character" or "authenticity" or at worst buy a new rep.

coling

17/10/08
Been looking for any tutorials or tips on helping to get scratches out of exterior glass?

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
IMO, the reason why most members buy a rep watch is to make the rep a daily beater and spare their gen watches from normal wear and tear. Zaggs were mostly used in electronics such as phones and cameras, I've never seen a guy wearing a nice Omega with a plastic cover in it. It might just look... i don't know... funny.

Besides, some owners prefer their watches to have some sort of scratches in them to give the watch some character...

aceman_1

Known Member
14/12/08
I recently got a small scratch on the dial of my SeaMaster PO, was perturbed for a bit but then remembered I only paid $88 for it (incl. shipping) and got over it very quickly.