• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problems swapping a DG4813 to a beginmariner

sawalke4

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/08
Ok with the help of the tutorial the jeweler was finally able to complete the swap and it came out pretty good with the exception of the crown not being able to screw down completely flush with the case. anyway, whatever. I was gonna nitpick with the guy but decided to take the watch and call it a lesson learned. With the money i spent I coould have eaily bought a new beginmariner and have it on my wrist in less time. Anyway, I put it on a NATO strap and will be my beater until it dies again....Ive learned my lesson.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
The crown doesn't sit flush?
Did he cut the DG's stem down to the same size as the low beat you had in there before?
Might have needed more then one try.
Might just want to send it out to one of the members here next time, I'm sure it would be much cheaper over all.. or learn to do it your self :D !!

- Ex

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
As 7x said, just unscrew your old crown off the original stem, compare the stem size to that of the new one and trim to match. It's a very easy fix to do so long as you're o.k. with removing the stem from the movement... :)