• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with Ultimate PO randomly stopping

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
I've had a 45mm "ultimate" PO for a few months now and it's been one of my favorite watches. Been keeping time within 3 seconds/day and looking great while doing it.

So imagine my horror now that every time I wear it it just randomly stops. On my winder or sitting on my desk it runs perfectly. But as soon as I put it on my wrist, it never fails to act up. Just started doing this a few days ago. Nothing has happened to the watch (not been dropped, wet, jarred, etc.). Crown is smooth, winds smoothly, etc.

Any ideas? I bought it used from a forum member quite some time ago, the watch was originally from Angus if I recall correctly. So I really can't send it back to anyone. Hopefully there is something relatively easy I can do...

Wyvern

13/4/06
Had a similar problem with a Panny one, I had to take it apart and blow it out with a Bergeron Duster. Seems some debris was inside the watch and gumming up the works.

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Could be a few things...most likely dirty movement = full service.

vaccum

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
vaccum said:
Could be a few things...most likely dirty movement = full service.

vaccum
Is that something you could do and how much would it cost?

Garablaster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/07
If it stops in certain hours perhaps the hands hit.... This is common in assian 21j 45mm PO; bad assembly.... :cry:

slowlearner

Horology Curious
17/12/06
Garablaster said:
If it stops in certain hours perhaps the hands hit.... This is common in assian 21j 45mm PO; bad assembly.... :cry:
I don't think that's it. The watch just randomly stops, and it had been running perfectly for months. This problem just started in the last few days.

vaccum

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
It is not rare to get a dirty movement....I have seen a lot.

Tim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/06
As you wear the watch the crap left in the movement will move around so perhaps it was fine for a while and then something shook loose and started floating around.

I cannot figure out how they can let a watch out with that much debris in it. You'd think they's just blow it out a bit before closing the back. Perhaps I should feel luckly that I don't have that day's lunch running around in there too.

-T