• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with Tag Carrera.

Yiman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/09
First purchase with Hont. He's been great. Very fast shipping and I received it within a week. Ordered an oval shape chopard and Tag Carrera automatic. Watches look beautiful. However the Tag just stop ticking yesterday. Emailed Hont and haven't received a reply yet. (Probably still sleeping time in China). I am sure it should be okay. However, it really sucks when it happens. I was hoping that nothing would go wrong but, is it really that you get what you paid for? I wonder how much shipping is going to cost me. Sigh....

morgi27

29/3/09
Hi,
May be a stupid question,but have you manually wound it up or worn it to get it too tick?
Morgi27

Yiman

30/5/09
Oh no... we didn't do anything to it. We own a few automatic ones so we know... it just sucks when it happens!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Hont will most likely take care of you, but you will pay shipping (anywhere from $35-70) and don't expect it to go as fast as the original transaction.
You may want to find a local independant watch smith and have him take a look at it. It might be a simple fix.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Shame but it does happen. Nature of the rep beast. All you can do is send it back or try and get it fixed locally.

Yiman

30/5/09
There is something inside of the glass too. Visible and can't be wiped off on the outside. If I was going to pay that much for shipping, I might as well get it fixed here... however, I don't want no one to know I got a rep....

Yiman

30/5/09
oh, i mean i don't want to take my rep to a watch smith... i don't want him to know i got a rep...

Yiman

30/5/09
Ya I guess so. Just got a reply from Hont and I am going to have to send it back. He said he will change the movement for me....I thought he would just send me a new one, but apparently he is just gonna fix it for me. So I asked him: what about the glass.... he hasn't replied yet.

zap99

15/6/09
Yiman said:
Ya I guess so. Just got a reply from Hont and I am going to have to send it back. He said he will change the movement for me....I thought he would just send me a new one, but apparently he is just gonna fix it for me. So I asked him: what about the glass.... he hasn't replied yet.
¨
Are You sure You manually winded the clock with the main button? My watch did not work good until I did that....