• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with my seamaster

derp

Horology Curious
11/10/11
Hi Everyone

I got my Seamaster v5 from Trevor a few months back. Beautiful watch but recently when I don't wear it for a few days and wind it 10-12 times for power it only lasts 5min and the dies out. Not sure if the movement is broken?

hado67

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/11
Hi Everyone

I got my Seamaster v5 from Trevor a few months back. Beautiful watch but recently when I don't wear it for a few days and wind it 10-12 times for power it only lasts 5min and the dies out. Not sure if the movement is broken?
I think you can wind it up 30 turns. That will do it.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Are you winding it 5-10 turns then wearing it and it dies? Or winding 5-10 turns then putting it down and it dies?
The first means it's not auto-winding. The second sounds about right with so few turns.
Let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derp

Horology Curious
11/10/11
Thanks for the replies, i wind the watch 10 times then put it down and it only lasts about 5min. I had thought it would go for longer even though its just sitting there.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Do about 30 or 40 turns as suggested above and keep it on the wrist for a while, does it still stop, and is it stopping in a specific area, such as seconds hand in same place? You may be just not getting enough power to the mainspring with 10 turns try a few more turns.
It may be an issue with the movement, could be a little dirt or lack of oil causing it to halt. what kind of movement is in it?

Need a few more details, is the watch working normally while on the wrist? When you pick it up stopped, try putting it straight onto the wrist stopped, and leave it there for 10 mins while you do something else, then check it, has it started by itself after ten mins?