• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with my Asian Copy Venus 175 /Seagull ST 19 Movement

walkman

Horology Curious
17/6/08
I have a PAM Luminor Regatta 2008 fitted with Venus 175 copy manual wind chrono movement and after one week of trouble free time keeping it has suddenly stopped.I think there is some component loose inside the backcasing and i will take it to my local watchsmith when i return from abroad. In anticipation of having to source what i believe is a new Seagull ST1902 movement, does any of our movement experts know where i can purchase such a movement? The two sub dials are at the 3 O'clock (Chrono) and at 9O'clock (seconds) positions with the chrono needle resting in the 12 O'clock position.

brittt1

Horology Curious
11/11/07
did you wind it up again? This is a Manual movement (which im sure you know)..Have you wound it up and tried to use the chrono's do they work or not?

walkman

Horology Curious
17/6/08
Brittt1 thank you for your prompt reply.Yes,i wound it up again and both the sub dials did not respond.Prior to the complete failure the chrono was working properly as it should and the watch seemed to be keeping reasonable time.I think some component may have become loose as when shaking the watch i believe i can just hear some movement inside the back case.

brittt1

Horology Curious
11/11/07
I posted in your Wanted section regarding a source for a replacement movement if thats what you want...I would prob wait till you can get a watchsmith to look at it..that movement is rock solid so im sure its a simple fix.