• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pro 300 Insert on Ebay

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Anyone try these inserts from ebay on their seamaster pro 300? The pearl, while not spot on seems better than what comes with the standard rep. I want to swap it out on mine but dont want to spend $200 on a gen bezel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/INSERT-OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PROFESSIONAL-300M-2541-80-/310244068663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483bfccd37#ht_6911wt_1141

The last time I bought one of those I got it from Alpha Watches for $10.

I'm very happy with mine - while not "perfect", much better than the standard rep one.

[Edit: I also think the pearl on the Alpha bezel is better]

alucard666

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/10
The last time I bought one of those I got it from Alpha Watches for $10.

I'm very happy with mine - while not "perfect", much better than the standard rep one.

[Edit: I also think the pearl on the Alpha bezel is better]

Thanks. How easy is it to do the swap? Any tips or specific instructions?

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
It's easy. You tape the end of a knife and pry off the whole bezel (google removing a watch bezel). Then you can just push out the blue insert from the inside. The new ones come with an adhesive, and you just remove the backing (like a sticker). I usually also add a little 3M automotive trim glue to the inside edge. Then just place the insert on the bezel. On the scallop bezel, just alight the pearl with one of the outer edges.

alucard666

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/10
It's easy. You tape the end of a knife and pry off the whole bezel (google removing a watch bezel). Then you can just push out the blue insert from the inside. The new ones come with an adhesive, and you just remove the backing (like a sticker). I usually also add a little 3M automotive trim glue to the inside edge. Then just place the insert on the bezel. On the scallop bezel, just alight the pearl with one of the outer edges.

Awesome! Thanks! Going to try this out as soon as I get the bezel.