• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Price Observer / Price Alert

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Carlos Valdes Starz GIF by Gaslit

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Well, maybe that seller shouldn't be a trusted seller then. There are no stupid questions, especially if you have no clue about reps.

Correct, a trusted dealer wouldn’t do that and I didn’t suggest they would I’m merely pointing out you are very open to being tricked.
What “grade” a watch is entirely made up by the seller and nobody else.
Like there could be 5 factories making “superclone” Datejusts and the noobs can’t tell the difference and if you read articles by guys on the forum they can tell you about all the minute difference between factories.

And yes there are stupid questions, people ask questions as if they don’t have a pair of eyes or common sense..

I’m trying to encourage you to learn and do your own research.

Don’t mind Dave, he not aggressive, just Scottish, they swear at people they like.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dave2302

Tesla_Lover

Bourbon Country...
Supporter
Certified
19/3/24
Somewhere…
Correct, a trusted dealer wouldn’t do that and I didn’t suggest they would I’m merely pointing out you are very open to being tricked.
What “grade” a watch is entirely made up by the seller and nobody else.
Like there could be 5 factories making “superclone” Datejusts and the noobs can’t tell the difference and if you read articles by guys on the forum they can tell you about all the minute difference between factories.

And yes there are stupid questions, people ask questions as if they don’t have a pair of eyes or common sense..

I’m trying to encourage you to learn and do your own research.

Don’t mind Dave, he not aggressive, just Scottish, they swear at people they like.
Oh no dude, I didn’t take it personally. I don’t even care about the swearing part. I am even worse than Dave, trust me. I wasn’t even saying anything bad about you or the TDs here. And I know, TDs can make up whatever grade they want, and sell it to you for grade A+++++++++*. I’ve been in the wine business for over 20 years now, and it is the same. I am selling wines worth 10 bucks for 80 😁. It’s all part of the business. Watches that TDs sell for 400-500, are probably worth 30 bucks in China based on their labor cost.

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Oh no dude, I didn’t take it personally. I don’t even care about the swearing part. I am even worse than Dave, trust me. I wasn’t even saying anything bad about you or the TDs here.

There is no real hope for me when it comes to being a grumpy old bastard who uses colour-foul language, it is the native tongue up here.

I've had reps and gens for years, got back to the hobby big time last year to start a new watch collection, found so many changes including much better quality of reps. I was unsure about a lot, so here's what worked for me ..........

After reading a helluva lot on here I started off by buying the cheapest black Rolex Sub I could find and soon bought some better quality reps, but I still buy cheapies as a way of checking out if I like something.

Just a suggestion, it may or may not work for you 😉

How about trying out a cheapie £100 - 150 ish replica first from an RWI TD, personally I can thoroughly recommend RepPossessed (RepSource) and Steve at Theonewatches as I have bought a few from both these RWI TD's (y)

After a short while, hopefully as I did you will see that there is no such thing as a perfect 1:1, even Gens have flaws, it's all about personal choice and what you can live with. I also learned that almost all of the watches the TD's sell are indistinguishable from the real McCoy when on your wrist and viewed with the naked eye.

Also especially when buying from China, it's a good way to learn the sort of timeframes to expect, without having bigger chunks of money in limbo, since the Rep scene is (obviously) not like buying a Seiko from Amazon etc, everything takes time, there is lots to consider.

HTH (y)

:ROFLMAO:

Tesla_Lover

Bourbon Country...
Supporter
Certified
19/3/24
Somewhere…
There is no real hope for me when it comes to being a grumpy old bastard who uses colour-foul language, it is the native tongue up here.

I've had reps and gens for years, got back to the hobby big time last year to start a new watch collection, found so many changes including much better quality of reps. I was unsure about a lot, so here's what worked for me ..........

After reading a helluva lot on here I started off by buying the cheapest black Rolex Sub I could find and soon bought some better quality reps, but I still buy cheapies as a way of checking out if I like something.

How about trying out a cheapie £100 - 150 ish replica first from an RWI TD, personally I can thoroughly recommend RepPossessed (RepSource) and Steve at Theonewatches as I have bought a few from both these RWI TD's (y)

After a short while, hopefully as I did you will see that there is no such thing as a perfect 1:1, even Gens have flaws, it's all about personal choice and what you can live with. I also learned that almost all of the watches the TD's sell are indistinguishable from the real McCoy when on your wrist and viewed with the naked eye.

Also especially when buying from China, it's a good way to learn the sort of timeframes to expect, without having bigger chunks of money in limbo, since the Rep scene is (obviously) not like buying a Seiko from Amazon etc, everything takes time, there is lots to consider.

HTH (y)

HTH (y)

Thank you for the time that you put in this comment to give me some insight 👍

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit

HTH (y)

There are forum members who buy high-end reps to try before they spend $10-30K on a gen. Then there is people like me (and apparently you) who buy cheap reps to test drive before spending $500 or more on a high-end rep.😆

P.S. For cheap reps I can recommend TD Narikaa. He has a selection of popular models priced under $200. I have purchased from him and he provides excellent customer service!

Tesla_Lover

Bourbon Country...
Supporter
Certified
19/3/24
Somewhere…
There are forum members who buy high-end reps to try before they spend $10-30K on a gen. Then there is people like me (and apparently you) who buy cheap reps to test drive before spending $500 or more on a high-end rep.😆

P.S. For cheap reps I can recommend TD Narikaa. He has a selection of popular models priced under $200. I have purchased from him and he provides excellent customer service!

This thread is getting better and better 👌