• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Predictions for the Upcoming Swatch x Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Collaboration

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

HoKWEQ.webp

HoK5eW.webp

HoKUrS.webp

HoKLSP.webp

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
After the absolute marketing disaster of making people line up to get a watch they couldn't get, then it being marked up on places like Ebay, for a "plastic" Moonswatch, I REALLY HOPE this turns out to be a dud no matter how good it looks.

Reactions: johnlogan

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Thos renerings are from this Monochrome article

Monochrome

In which it's written

we’ve decided to imagine what could be our own version of the Swatch x Blancpain collaboration, which could be named the Fifty-One Fathoms. Indeed, contrary to the Moonswatch which is powered by a quartz chronograph movement, the Swatch x Blancpain will most probably be a time-only or time-and-date watch. And that opens the door to a possible automatic movement… Something that Swatch has in stock with the Sistem51. Now you know why we’ve chosen Fifty-One Fathoms as a name.

Anyway, this is not the confirmed product, This Swatch x Blancpain article is based on our own Photoshop mock-ups; brands have provided nothing officially. These are predictions based on our imagination and expectations.

What is confeirmed is that the model names will be

Arctic Ocean
Pacific Ocean
Atlantic Ocean
Indian Ocean
Antarctic Ocean

I opened a Thread days ago here

Reactions: johnlogan

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Ironically the reps will probably use a more robust 9015/2824 movement than the Sistem51 movement.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Whatever people say about it, the Sistem51 is impressive from a manufacturoing stand point. A watch movement made in 20 minutes by an automated system?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Whatever people say about it, the Sistem51 is impressive from a manufacturoing stand point. A watch movement made in 20 minutes by an automated system?
Agreed. I just don't like that it isn't serviceable so it's a throw away watch if something goes wrong. But I don't know enough about that movement and how robust it is and what the failure rates typically are.

Caboose

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
27/2/15
CONUS
Agreed. I just don't like that it isn't serviceable so it's a throw away watch if something goes wrong. But I don't know enough about that movement and how robust it is and what the failure rates typically are.
The movement has plastic parts it in, which is fine, if they are reliable. However, I am not a fan of "fad fashion" type products like this. People will buy this, wear it till the movement dies (or even before) and throw it out.

I don't like this release, but I bet it will be super popular as it is "attainable luxury". Nobody spending $$$$ when they can spend $ or the "same" thing.