• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Popularity of Seamaster Pros

abat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
UK
I was in a meeting earlier, of the 14 men there were 2 Quartz SMPs, 1 midsize and my rep SMP chronometer. It was like a bloody Omega convention, I knew they were popular but that was silly! There were no other brands on display that I could see either.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, SMP is one of the most affordable Omega on the market. Sporty yet elegant too. Can't go wrong with this piece.

D

d4m.test

Plus the watch is made like a tank.
I've had my gen for about 3 years now, and I wear it like a cheap timex. Its simply a reliable, manly, elegant day to day watch...............................

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
made like a tank? aint that the truth

i've bumped my PO all over the place and am always surprised that the bezel is still in top shape.

love it.

One of the affordable "hi-end" watches out there. If you make a decent living and want a nice fine watch, omega's the way to go.

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
Amen to that. I'm lusting after a gen speedy... for prices a little over $1000 on the bay, a real piece of history is not out of my reach...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@hendrix: try your local second hand watch store. A quartz version of SMP full size bond can go as low as 700USD. Automatic one is in 900-1000 range. Sometimes lower than that depending on condition. It's very very good price for a genuine watch IMHO. And I am predicting that Omega prices are going to increase by quite a large margin.

hendrixelixir

11/8/07
@takashi,

i think speedies are more expensive than the SMPs, but I will definitely check out a second hand watch stores locally.

catchthecat

9/12/06
hendrixelixir said:
@takashi,

i think speedies are more expensive than the SMPs, but I will definitely check out a second hand watch stores locally.

Yeah they are. Some of the best prices I've seen though for the automatic SMPs gens is over at TZ where a near mint one occasionally pops up in the 800-900 range. Seems like the Moon Speedys run at least 1300 up.

LastDiplomat

28/6/07
I saw the new NBC drama "Journeyman" recently (I think it premieres on the 24th) and the main character wears an SMP Chrono. Pretty neat!

LastDiplomat

28/6/07
The first episode leaked early on torrent sites around the interweb.
PirateBay has it. As does Mininova, Demonoid, etc.

fifty6vette

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/2/07
abat said:
I was in a meeting earlier, of the 14 men there were 2 Quartz SMPs, 1 midsize and my rep SMP chronometer. It was like a bloody Omega convention, I knew they were popular but that was silly! There were no other brands on display that I could see either.

I wonder how many of them were reps? :wink:

jkerouac

16/3/06
It's interesting to me that a couple of years ago everyone listed the SMP Pro as one of the "must have" reps. Now when the question of 'must have" reps comes up the SMP Pro is rarely mentioned. The "must have" Omega today is the UPO, or possibly the SMP Chrono.

GA400

6/6/07
Here is a handy tool to search many watch forum sales sites

Check out this handy tool for searching the gen watch forums. You can set the search options for whatever you like. http://www.elitedealseeker.com/inde...egory=watches&ageupperlimit=5&function=Search

FYI - I found my gen SMP on the 'bay for $800 with the box, books, all links - no warranty card though. I did have to send it off for regulation and I went ahead and had it cleaned and serviced, so that was another $150 or so.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
crick said:
made like a tank? aint that the truth

i've bumped my PO all over the place and am always surprised that the bezel is still in top shape.

love it.

One of the affordable "hi-end" watches out there. If you make a decent living and want a nice fine watch, omega's the way to go.

I have also banged really bad a few times and even dropped it on a hard floor and it also got it in lakes, oceans and showers and i also wear it like a Timex, every day and the watch I refer to is my Asian UPO rep!!!!!!! Super tight bezel and a perfect crystal.

LastDiplomat

28/6/07
For me, the SMP is still a must-have.
Maybe the "new" SMP design -- with red "Seamaster -- will be the next must have O?
Provided a good rep can be made.