• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Poor quality Double Eagle?

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
I have just received a Double Eagle from a TD.

The watch was a "1:1" and cost just short of $400

The TD sent me QC pics which were fine. When I received it I checked the watch and saw that the logo on the clasp is very poor quality. There is gold plating missing from the right side and the logo itself is rubbish. There were no QC pics of the clasp and I didn't think to ask.

Below are pics of the clasp plus one from Trevor website for comparison.

Considering the $400 price tag, do you think I'm being a bit picky in requesting a replacement clasp?

omegaclasplogo2_zpsc1fff26a.jpg

omegaclasplogo1_zps2fc66bb0.jpg

Image1_zpsf2745054.jpg

greecean

9/10/12
do you think I'm being a bit picky in requesting a replacement clasp?

It depends:

- If your going to put in in your collection and only wear it on special occasions - try to get it replaced

- If your going to wear it regularly then that "gold" will get worn off within minutes so it makes no difference

mattsheehan

14/6/09
ask for one. see what he says.

if he says no then you wont be any worse off.

if he says yes then good for you.

i wouldnt be taking it any further though, like getting mods involved, if he does say no.

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
Thanks for the replies. The TD has said that they have missed the gold plate and has asked for my address so I assume he's going to send me a replacement clasp.

Cheers.

zafod999

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/10
problem solved, thread pointless

...tongue in cheek though :D

I totally agree with that, but was nice to "chat" and share my concern with a few of members while waiting for reply from my TD

;)