• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Poljot Luftwaffe

tstilino

Getting To Know The Place
1/8/24
Croatia
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share my thoughts on the Poljot Luftwaffe watch I picked up recently. First off, the design is spot-on for anyone into vintage aviation watches. The dial is super easy to read with those big, bold numerals and luminous hands. It has that old-school pilot watch vibe, which I absolutely love. The stainless steel case feels solid and has a nice polished finish that gives it a rugged yet classy look. Plus, the indices have been specially repainted with Superluminova, so the glow in low light is fantastic.

Under the hood, it’s got the Poljot 3133 chronograph movement. This mechanical, hand-wound movement has been rock-solid so far, keeping accurate time and giving me about 40 hours of power reserve. The chronograph function works smoothly and adds a bit of fun and functionality to the watch.

Now, it’s a big watch and it might feel a bit overwhelming, but for me, it’s perfect. The watch is on a Marine Nationale strap with a lume stripe, which not only looks cool but also adds to the vintage military aesthetic.

This watch feels like it can take a beating. The construction is solid, and the sapphire crystal is a great addition to prevent scratches. I wouldn’t take it diving, but for daily wear and the occasional knock, it holds up really well. One thing I’m not a fan of is the bi-directional bezel without clicks; it just doesn’t feel as precise as I’d like and will move by itself sometimes.

Honestly, for the price, this watch is a steal. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the Poljot Luftwaffe. It’s got historical significance, reliable mechanics, and great craftsmanship. It’s an homage to the iconic Junghans J88, which adds to its vintage allure. If you’re into aviation watches or just love mechanical movements, this is a fantastic option that won’t break the bank.

hhQvk1.md.jpeg

hhQ7Vj.md.jpeg

hhQNa4.md.jpeg