• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

po42

sub413

Horology Curious
7/1/10
hey been on the forum for a while but never actaully bought a rep. but i really like the 5th gen po. Could anyone recommend a dealer that i can buy one with a high beat 21j and good quility bracelet?

Thanks...

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I don't know of any TD's selling a PO with a "high beat" 21J movement. To the best of my knowledge you either get a 21J running at 21k, or an eta/clone running at 28k.

Note- if you get a PM from a new member with low/no post count trying to sell you a 5G PO (42mm), please notify me ASAP. There is a scammer that makes it through the net from time to time and we try our best to keep a look out for him.

Sent from somewhere other than in front of my computer...

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Trevor has these for $135.

Edit: the high beat 21j movement s the dg4813 which the Trevor watch uses.

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Trevor has these for $135.

Edit: the high beat 21j movement s the dg4813 which the Trevor watch uses.

Kewl, someone came along with more knowledge of this than me.

That's what makes this such a great forum.

Sent from somewhere other than in front of my computer...

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
Honestly though, I'd probably pay the $50 extra for the asian eta clone movement.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Yep.

Looks like a 5G PO to me.

The tells are the position of the HE valve, the engraved serial number on the back of the lug at 7 o'clock position, and of course no happy feet on the dial.

This one looks to be advertised with decent lume, although my 5G PO which I purchased when they first came out, had average lume.

Looks really nice on the leather too. What are you waiting for, go spend some money.............

peropero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/10
So that watch would be advisable to pull the trigger on? (as in it's the most updated version?)

still torn between that and timesshop's PAMs...................

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Honestly though, I'd probably pay the $50 extra for the asian eta clone movement.

That's what I always do. Ever since I made the mistake of buying the bond SMP with 21j, I have been buying all of my omega with eta clone. I think my replacement SMP has gen ETA in it.

What I don't like abought high beat 21j is that it is a hack and I don't trust the long term reliability. Plus basically the only way you're going to get it serviced is by gutting it out and replacing it. Who knows if you'll be able to buy a new high beat 21j at that point. Might as well buy a whole watch over again. The 21j movement is only worth about 8 bucks anyway.

I'm not trying to totally disrespect the 21j though. I have some in other watches and they work good. But I prefer the eta clone over any other movements when I feel it is appropriate to buy. And I like my omegas enough to :)

rileywiley

Known Member
9/5/12
I have a 21j now and I'm looking to upgrade my PO to an ETA clone.Am I right in thinking that the 21K vs 28K effect the sweep of the seconds hand?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I have a 21j now and I'm looking to upgrade my PO to an ETA clone.Am I right in thinking that the 21K vs 28K effect the sweep of the seconds hand?

21j 5bps, 25j 8bps so yeah it definitely will change the sweep. But if you got the modified 21j, that one goes 8bps too so it should be about the same. I haven't seen the moded 21j movement in action yet though.