• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO with Asian 2824 or 4813?

lason

Getting To Know The Place
28/9/12
Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on a PO and wanted to get a 2824 movement but was advised that there had been returns due to broken movements and to get the 4813. Is the 4813 a good movement? Please go easy on me, I'm still a noob at this.

teamio77

13/8/12
I once asked in this forum if 4813 has the sweeping sec hand motion and the replied I got was a YES. So the issue here is on durability which i THINK really depends alot on luck when it comes to Rep.

Read comments abt 2813 being a cheap and reliable workhorse but what I had was a lazy horse which will stop working once every few days.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
The 4813 costs $20 to replace the movement. A new 4813 costs $20. So its easy to fix. I went for the 2824. But its because I always get 2824 because I tend to buy a new swiss eta for it. Both are smooth sweeps. Just one movement costs a lot more than the other.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

lason

28/9/12
So do I take my chances and possibly end up with a faulty 2824? The email Trevor sent said he's had returns with the 2824 movement.

teamio77

13/8/12
Its your call mate. I will go with the 4813 without any hesistation. Cost is an important factor to me. Furthermore it sec sweeps.

lason

28/9/12
It's only a $50 difference. I want this watch to last.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
The problem with the DG4813 is that you need to find the correct type for your watch, either the long cannon pinion version (which is a real PITA to find) or the short cannon Pinion, if you're going for the DG4813 make sure you ask your dealer of choice if he can source you a spare movement in the event it dies on you. After that you'll have to wait for the new movement, pay a watchsmith for the swap and before you notice you'll regret not spending the extra on the ETA clone movement.

Personally I'd go for the ETA Clone, it's only $50 more and parts are readily available in case it needs repair, and if you service it, the movement will be as reliable as the Swiss counterpart.

InDenial

Known Member
17/6/12
Personally I'd go for the ETA Clone, it's only $50 more and parts are readily available in case it needs repair, and if you service it, the movement will be as reliable as the Swiss counterpart.
That's the reason why I always prefer to get the Asian clone if I can. I got the 2824 in my UPO so that it would be easier to service in the future.

lason

28/9/12
Ok, I'm going for the ETA clone. Just waiting to get Trevor's paypal info.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
You are welcome

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

casca

6/8/11
And now a wristshot with the acquired watch to close this topic :D

tracyl

22/4/11
Good choice! Also, if you ever want to mod it with some gen parts, you will be able to with the 2824 replica. For example, I updated my hands to gen and only cost me $38. I did the hand swap myself. Eventually I'll do the gent tube and crown replacement too.

Ok, I'm going for the ETA clone. Just waiting to get Trevor's paypal info.

teamio77

13/8/12
Anyone knows where to purchase a spare 4813 movement for the 42mm PO in the event it dies? A direct swap would be best.

Trying not to get it through the TDs. Anyone knows? A link will be very much appreciated.

infiniG

5/11/12
i also would be interested in knowing where to get a replacement 4813 movement for the PO, any ideas/links on which one works?

thesis

30/7/10
Starting to really wish I purchased the ETA clone. I also noticed it was rough setting the time. However, the last couple days it's been extremely accurate to only +2 a day.

What are the challenges involved if I want to swap a Swiss ETA into this case?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Starting to really wish I purchased the ETA clone. I also noticed it was rough setting the time. However, the last couple days it's been extremely accurate to only +2 a day.

What are the challenges involved if I want to swap a Swiss ETA into this case?

Well i don't think it worth the trouble. If i were you i would sell the one i had and get a new one with clone movement or with Swiss if you prefer it.

o4515

27/10/12
I got the 2824 - second rep watch I own and I can't speak highly enough of it. Looks great and has a beautiful sweeping motion.

teamio77

13/8/12
I got my orange 4813 for about a week. It has been keeping good time and I have also brought it for a swim without any problem. I cant speak highly enough of it for its presence and its price. As im not really into modding, I am thus completely satisfied with this piece.