• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO V5 with a brown dial?

Way now

Horology Curious
26/5/13
Apologies in advance for the noob thread. I got my first rep today and I'm generally okay with it. But one thing really bugs me whenever I look at it; the dial appears brown instead of black. I accepted the QC pictures because this was not noticable in the photos. Its actually difficult to capture it in photos but its very noticable in person, especially in natural light. I still managed to take some photos with black backgrounds for colour reference.

What do you guys think?

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo2.jpg

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Looks fine. Search the internet for some gen pictures. Some of them look the same.

davylloyd

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/10
TBH, I think it's the way the pumpkin (orange) bezel and numbers make you perceive the dial. Same colour dial with black bezel and white / silver numbers would look different.

If you feel like tossing it, toss it my way;)

barth

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/10/12
Looks good to me... Gen-like, such as v5 PO's. Must be either AR or light exposure ;)

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
I think that it's a great piece. The Omega logo not too low to the lettering, pearl is centered (a bit too big, but it's not a problem). Wear it in good health.
BTW what movement is it?

Way now

Horology Curious
26/5/13
Thanks for the response guys. It's a clone 2824. I've looked at dozens of photos on google and haven't seen any with such a brown dial. May be a good excuse to look into this Franken thing :)

tclaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/12
The gen dial isn't as black as you think. In direct sunlight it has more of a charcoal grey coloring. Your dial looks great considering the gen dial costs just as much as the complete rep watch :)

TheCold

15/8/09
As tclaw said, the GEN dial is really more of a dark charcoal coloring than black (IMO) on my franken with blue AR it also look more grayish in some light conditions. Although it look pitch black in other.. I have the dial with red numbers and black bezel version.

Here's a gen for comparison

373017d1294942446-omega-planet-ocean-42mm-45-5mm-epilogue-img_0305.jpg

381556d1296496372-any-wristshots-orange-planet-ocean-42mm-happy-po42mm-001.jpg

Way now

Horology Curious
26/5/13
Thanks for the responses. Either way, I got it from Trevor and I can vouch for his service. He was great to deal with.

grejfoku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/13
This thing bothered me extremly on my V5 as well. The reason is the brownish color of the rep crystal. You should replace it with a sunnydale AR and your problem is sold.