• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO v5 crystal seal sticks out a little

YueIBM

Horology Curious
7/3/12
Hi Everyone,

Last week Trevor sent me a great PO v5 that's about +8 seconds a day.

But, I was putting silicone grease in the crown and case back gasket, and realized that the crystal seal doesn't seem to be in the right place.

See the green seal sticking out into the rehaut a little from 1 to 4 o'clock.

Do you guys and gals think this would be a potential leak spot? The watch is pretty much a perfect v5 except for the gasket.

If it's an issue, is it reasonable to request Trevor to cross-ship just the top case, or just ask for a new case if he gets them cheaply enough? I can transfer the movement but have heard the crystal on the v5 isn't as easy to pop out as on the Subs.

Thanks!! Happy Monday! :cheers:

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I would put a gen crystal in it and call it a day.:thumbsup: That way you can fix the gasket issue with a new one, plus you have a gen crystal too.

YueIBM

Horology Curious
7/3/12
Haha, I like the way you think, DSMDave. But, I'm trying to rein in my watch budget a little. I've done full service on movements before (Seiko 7009, Shanghai 7120, ) so crystal change should be OK but it will cost as much as the watch... and it's the DG4813 version.

From what I read the gen gasket is too thick, so I think it's time to consult Trevor. Thanks!

YueIBM

Horology Curious
7/3/12
By the way, nice V! Shouldn't your user name be ACDelcoDave, though?

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
LOL, yeah that would be pretty good.

I Used to be big in the DSM (Diamond Star Motors) scene. The 4g63 as it is called. The motor came in mitsu eclipse, eagle talon and plymouth lazer. They make crazy power for little 4cyls.:D: Tried my hand in the tuner scene, but is crazy expensive. There is no telling the gen watches I could have bought with all the money that I blew on those things. :facepalm: