• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Ultimate - is bezel adjustment like SMP? and the pearl...

LLCoolRS

Looking Around
5/4/06
Hi,

My PO ultimate 45.5 arrived today. A few observations and questions:

1. The bezel doesn't turn properly... kinda "grinds" instead of clicking when turning. The bezel click/spring bar thing probably isn't sitting right. Has anyone popped off their PO bezel yet? Im hoping its like the SMP... im gonna follow By-Tor's guide when i get home from work:

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1154

2. After removing all the plastic wraps and protective coverings... i noticed that the pearl is covered by a plastic disk also. It is "in" the pearl, sunken in there. I think someone else mentioned this somewhere. I wasn't sure if this was another protective covering to be removed (like those that were on the crystal, caseback, etc) or if its supposed to be there permanently. I tried to gently pick at it with a pin but it didn't budge with the minimal pressure i used. Im probably not gonna try anything more than that and risk marking up the pearl or the metal pearl ring. As By-Tor's review mentioned.... the Pearl lume is NOT as good as on the dial. Maybe this plastic disk is the culprit?

LLCool