• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Ti vs LIQUIDMETAL Noob. Plz Help me choose

jogel

Horology Curious
12/5/13
Hi Guys.

I'm about to buy my 2nd replica and I really find it hard to choose.
I'm really concerned about a watch's weight and therefore I was thinking about the Ti + I really like how it looks.
I saw plenty of post about the LM version and overall it's also very tempting.
I'm not really sure which one is "better" for me , and which version is of a higher quality.

here are the links to the ones I'm finding hard to choose between

http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1048

http://intime.co/product.php?id_product=1207

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Jogel.

tommytbona

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/12
I know this is of no help to you, but I was having the exact same debate with myself today. The main difference to me is the 45 v 42 size. 45 fits me much better.

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
I would assume the Ti is lighter even though it's bigger. Both nice watches but not perfect.

I can tell you I have the 45mm CrPO in SS and it's a heavy beast. I wish I had the Ti version.
DSCN0244_zpsd0a60c4a.jpg

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I would assume the Ti is lighter even though it's bigger. Both nice watches but not perfect.

I can tell you I have the 45mm CrPO in SS and it's a heavy beast. I wish I had the Ti version.
DSCN0244_zpsd0a60c4a.jpg

From wich dealer did you get this? Also can you post more pics of that amazing centered pearl? Thanks
Also I had the Ti and it was very light around 155g with all links on.

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
Thanks, I got this from Josh. I'll have to get some more pix later.

BTW- I think 155 grams is pretty heavy for Ti, I really don't want a watch that

weighs 1/2 pound.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
The smaller AP diver in Ti and forged carbon is little less 120g what I heard. And it have a rubberstrap. Think the steel CrPo is almost 220g.

jogel

Horology Curious
12/5/13
Thanks for all the replies. very helpful. I'll post back if I'll make a move :)
just too scared putting so much money (for me) on the table and then not wearing it because it's too heavy.

PeteM

Renowned Member
23/10/09
They are both nice if not great reps OTB...

setting aside the known QC isuues that both models have suffered of late..for which I would certainly suggest being very careful going for the LM at the moment or unless you pre arrange your exact requirements with dealer before ordering - so you can turn down those that suffer these issues...

The biggest potential issue for a good QCd LM will be the fact if you scratch, mark, slightly glance the bezel...then the game is up... as the gen LM by definition this is not possible to do.... so on the wrist if you see an LM with a marked bezel then you know its rep...

The PO Ti is a nice rep too and there should be an updated batch shortly with improved AR etc...

The biggest tells on it on teh wrist are the pearl, dail inscriptions and the crystal..

But both ignoring QC issues are great reps mate...

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
PO Ti: 145 gram rep - 150 grams gen
UPO 45mm: 220-225 grams
PO 42mm: 190 grams

Sub: varies from 130-160 (iirc)

This is all anecdotal from what info i've collected around the boards because im interested in the weight as well. From what many people who bought the PO Ti have said, is that they were put back at first but the lightness of the Ti, but eventually got used to it

jaceyboy

Known Member
22/3/13
UK
Ive been waiting to see if new batches come out of the Ti as I just cant believe they have not centered the pearl, such an easy thing to do.

I am also looking to see if they release any new models that Omega currently have just released like the new 300m diver chrono

jogel

Horology Curious
12/5/13
They are both nice if not great reps OTB...

setting aside the known QC isuues that both models have suffered of late..for which I would certainly suggest being very careful going for the LM at the moment or unless you pre arrange your exact requirements with dealer before ordering - so you can turn down those that suffer these issues...

The biggest potential issue for a good QCd LM will be the fact if you scratch, mark, slightly glance the bezel...then the game is up... as the gen LM by definition this is not possible to do.... so on the wrist if you see an LM with a marked bezel then you know its rep...

The PO Ti is a nice rep too and there should be an updated batch shortly with improved AR etc...

The biggest tells on it on teh wrist are the pearl, dail inscriptions and the crystal..

But both ignoring QC issues are great reps mate...

I wonder how long before theres an updated PO TI as well, I suppose I can wait a bit longer and hope for a "better" version...

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
LMPO appears to be a better rep. Get that one and if you do not like it sell it on the forum to me for what you pay for it and get the other watch.

Better yet buy both and sell one you will get your money back. Good luck!

johndoe12

2/6/12
Wait, I thought the LM is ceramic which means it can't be scratched. I've just started researching this rep. Is that not the case?

Redxds

2/3/13
Wait, I thought the LM is ceramic which means it can't be scratched. I've just started researching this rep. Is that not the case?

I thought the same? I was under the impression that the bezel was that of gen "like" construction...no?

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What about the fading insert on the ceramic PO's?

I'm kicking around the idea of having one of these as a beater, but if this is still an issue, I'm out.