• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO stopped working...HELP!?!?

maximusjones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/10
Hey guys, I've had a marvelous replica 45mm PO since January and today it just stopped working. I'm pretty sure I didn't bump it, etc. and up until today the movement has been great.

I have a simple watch tool kit, is there anything I can do to fix it? I'd rather not have to try and locate a local repair guy who works on reps.

Thanks in advance for any help, and if there is a search I can do instead please let me know. Happy gobble day.

Devedander

20/10/06
So you wind it and nothing?

Can you still set the time?

Maybe pop the back and see if anything is obviously wrong...

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
Your problem is probely a loose screw stuck some where in the movement.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
We will need more info than that. Contact Katt for any repair in the conus , super knowledgeable and fast.

maximusjones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/10
Hey guys, thanks for the quick responses. I was wearing another watch for a few days, and the UPO's reserve ran out so I reset it and wound it on Friday. I wore it all day Friday, Saturday, and then Sunday I was wearing it and it just stopped at 10:45...

I gave it a little shake to see if it was just dead (which I thought was unlikely), but the rotor almost sounds "rough" and doesn't start. I haven't tried adjusting the time, but I will tonight when I get home.

I've worn it just about every day since January of this year without a single issue (or servicing). I don't know much about movements, but I'll take a peek tonight and see if there is something obvious and let you know.

Thanks again.

Devedander

20/10/06
May be rotor screw is lose. If hand wind doesn't make it start then I would think something stuck too.

TQDG

9/3/12
I had this problem with one of mine once.

I hand-wound it about twenty full turns and nothing. So in anger, I threw it against the couch. Picked it up and it was running. Hasn't missed a beat since.

This is probably not a good idea.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Open the ccseback to check on loose screws etc before u wind it. U dont want to force it.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
This has happened to me in the past and I found a screw had come loose and lodged itself in the balance wheel. Fortunately was able to remove with no damage and watch now works fine.