• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO question

camarito

28/4/10
Hello guys,
im a noob in the forum and have acquired y first rep from WE. Its a perfect aquaracer.
Now I wanted to move on and get a PO 42 cm and I have a few questions.
First question is how accurate this 21j mov is.?
Second questions is that since this is an automatic movement, how often do I have to service it and how much it costs?
Another questions that I have is that all these screw in crown watches, sooner or later the screws start to loose its function. Does it has something to do with how i screw it or with its quality? is there a trick to screw the crown that i do not know?
another question is thet i think theres a gen po with quartz mov, but theres no PO rep with quartz mov right?

Thanks a lot for any input guys
have a great sunday
Andre

Dexter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/08
Hello guys,
im a noob in the forum and have acquired y first rep from WE. Its a perfect aquaracer.
Now I wanted to move on and get a PO 42 cm and I have a few questions.
First question is how accurate this 21j mov is.?
Second questions is that since this is an automatic movement, how often do I have to service it and how much it costs?
Another questions that I have is that all these screw in crown watches, sooner or later the screws start to loose its function. Does it has something to do with how i screw it or with its quality? is there a trick to screw the crown that i do not know?
another question is thet i think theres a gen po with quartz mov, but theres no PO rep with quartz mov right?

Thanks a lot for any input guys
have a great sunday
Andre

Post a link to the 42mm PO you are considering purchasing - we can help you better if we know exactly what you are talking about.

The 21j movement is a great movement, but isn't always put inside the most accurate reps. It isn't always the most accurate - anything +/- 45 secs a day is good. A 21j movement is easier and cheaper to relace than have serviced, the movement only costs a few dollars.

There is no gen quartz PO.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
If you read my reviews on the POs I explain the visual difference between the 21,600, the 25,200 and it's relation to human perspective. The most accurate movement is the one you take care of. The defective crown tubes are primarily on the 45s which is why I stopped doing them. But yes it is also user error that causes it on the 42s.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
A 21j movement is easier and cheaper to relace than have serviced, the movement only costs a few dollars.

+1

If you buy a 21j and can't service it yourself (few can) then either buy one already serviced from someone like Fakey or just replace it if it goes bad.

All my reps are either 21j or quartz (the Cartiers are quartz). I have had no problems with the 21js and even get them to run in COSC.

A 21j PO should be fine for a second rep.