• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO owners: would you double A/R?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
After wearing my new (to me) PO, I've decided that the one thing I miss about my Breits is the A/R. I just can't live without that "invisible" effect a good double-sided A/R gives. Would anyone do it, even though its inaccurate to gen? I'm kicking the idea around a bit myself. Opinions (and pics if you have them) of double A/R'd POs please!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Inaccurate to gen? I am pretty sure gen PO crystals have double AR coating.

Like this one!:lol:

DSC01907.jpg

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Yes, I do prefer the crystal with double AR. I got mine done by chief... It looked amazing and I'd recommend it.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
as soon as i receive mine its going straight to WIZ same day for double AR and lume job (possible gen hands as well)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Double AR! :thumbsup:

I met Tommyboy this past week and we compared our Gen PO's. Mine with the newer 2500D movement was a bit clearer than the 2500C version. Ofrei does not offer the newer crystal yet so I'm holding off getting my beater Fr5GPO's crystal replaced. SunnyD is in the process of having some crystals done for the 42mm version. If they are as good as his 45.5 version, I'll try that.

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
So gen POs have double AR? I was under the impression that they had single sided coatings. Roo and Wiz, you guys have any pics for me?

I though there wouldn't bee too many open to or with double AR but I guess I'm very mistaken. :D

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm confused.... I see in your siggy, that you have a UPO. Not a PO. Right?

SunnyD has some double sided AR'd crystals right now. Instead of sending your watch away or having it out of service while you send your crystal to be done, order one of his.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
So gen POs have double AR? I was under the impression that they had single sided coatings. Roo and Wiz, you guys have any pics for me?

I though there wouldn't bee too many open to or with double AR but I guess I'm very mistaken. :D

Omega has some of the best double AR of any gen makers, really transparent. The older smps/AT's have single inner AR, maybe that's what you were thinking of?. All the newer range watches including the new ceramic smps/PO's and teak dial AT's have double AR The old PO's have double AR also. Definitely get double AR as mentioned above, it makes the watch!

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I'm confused.... I see in your siggy, that you have a UPO. Not a PO. Right?

SunnyD has some double sided AR'd crystals right now. Instead of sending your watch away or having it out of service while you send your crystal to be done, order one of his.

Right. I was posing the question to PO owners in general, regardless what size/version they have. I saw SunnyD's thread about the 45.5mm crystals, and that he was sold out...he mentioned at the end that he has a few with minor defects that he might make available, but that was a few months ago.

mattsheehan

14/6/09
Even if genuine POs didnt have double AR, so what. Theirs nothing stopping anyone making their genuine watch better by modding it either.

People modify things all the time to improve them, cars for example. ( sure their are other examples but can't think of any)

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
Even if genuine POs didnt have double AR, so what. Theirs nothing stopping anyone making their genuine watch better by modding it either.

People modify things all the time to improve them, cars for example. ( sure their are other examples but can't think of any)

that was going to be my next question...if people with gen PO's mod them with better AR. But I definitely get the whole modding them to be better, especially with cars ;)

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
When asked to A/R or not to A/R..... Always A/R.... Accuracy be damned.

(A/R junkie here) :)

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Double AR! :thumbsup:

I met Tommyboy this past week and we compared our Gen PO's. Mine with the newer 2500D movement was a bit clearer than the 2500C version. Ofrei does not offer the newer crystal yet so I'm holding off getting my beater Fr5GPO's crystal replaced. SunnyD is in the process of having some crystals done for the 42mm version. If they are as good as his 45.5 version, I'll try that.

Thanks mate for promoting me :) I just got an update from the factory, they are sending me some 42 mm PO crystals tomorrow (maybe only 2) that now have the AR done. You will be the first to get one (note members that generous Q5? sent me his spare PO crystal so I could send it to China for replication).

This sounds a bit funny, send rep crystal to China for replication :)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks mate for promoting me :) I just got an update from the factory, they are sending me some 42 mm PO crystals tomorrow (maybe only 2) that now have the AR done. You will be the first to get one (note members that generous Q5? sent me his spare PO crystal so I could send it to China for replication).

This sounds a bit funny, send rep crystal to China for replication :)

I just told R2!

tumblr_lq91pnu3FW1qd1y8r.gif

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
gen crystal all the way with double AR ...
Thicker than rep and nicer...

krakar

Known Member
31/10/11
Getting sunnys crystal this week! Maybe it will be the beginning of a FrUPO... ;)