• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO or UPO from Silix - Need Opinions

ci1031

4/5/10
I received this watch from Silix yesterday. It is supposed to be the UPO but it doesn't look entirely right to me. I commented on it when I received photos from Jee but they had already shipped the watch. I was not given the opportunity to pre-approve

- The Pearl is very white and domed. The trim ring on it is barely there and there is no lume at all.
- Also if you look close at the 12 O'clock marker it looks slightly misaligned.

I emailed Jee and will wait for a reply, but would like some second opinions.

Can anyone comment on this? Did I get the standard PO or the Ultimate?

Here are some photos:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ci1031

4/5/10
what did you pay for it mate ?

Paid 190usd. I had emailed Jee first to verify that this item (OMES038 on their site) was the ultimate version and jee confirmed that it was.

Jee has emailed me since the first post and offered to either refund 40usd or exchange the watch. They indicat that they have recently changed suppliers. My fear is that while an exchange may correct the bad marker at 12 O'clock, it may still be the wrong version.

mapman57

I'm Pretty Popular
2/4/10
I understand that you expected it to be a 45.5mm UPO?

If so - sorry to say no way for me. Based on these pics only, the biggest and easiest tells are the HE valve position (looks too low) and the minute hand (too short).

Shame.....good luck with resolving, I am sure that you wil find an acceptable one with such a trusted dealer :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
If it were me I would get a refund unless Jee can show you pics of a UPO to include a shot of an Asian ETA. I do appreciate the fact that Jee offered resolution but I don't want to see them slip on the customer approval before sending the watch.

ci1031

4/5/10
I understand that you expected it to be a 45.5mm UPO?

If so - sorry to say no way for me. Based on these pics only, the biggest and easiest tells are the HE valve position (looks too low) and the minute hand (too short).

Shame.....good luck with resolving, I am sure that you wil find an acceptable one with such a trusted dealer :)

Thanks for the feedback, Yes 45.5mm. The queues for me were the bad pearl, no "951" or serial number on the back and of course the bad indicator. Now that you point out the minute hand, I see what you mean.

HE is lined up with the 10 O'clock indicator. Is that too low?

If it were me I would get a refund unless Jee can show you pics of a UPO to include a shot of an Asian ETA. I do appreciate the fact that Jee offered resolution but I don't want to see them slip on the customer approval before sending the watch.

Thanks. I tend to agree. I am glad to see others validate my concerns.

Good call on the movement photo. I may need a reference though. I am not new to watches, but fairly new to the rep community so any tip where to find the correct photo or what to look for on the movement would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help, R

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
get the pic and post it here, no worries. it should look like this.

IMGP2143.jpg

IMGP2142.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
+1 on what R2 said.

Too many things are off on this one. Especially at that price.
Good luck my fellow PO addict. :lol:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Looks like the same watch but 190 should come with an ETA movement inside. not sure if it'd be clone or not. But really guys get photos before having silix ship your 42mm PO. I saw another thread showing photos. I would get a photo first, now I can't recommend this any more because the photos are always of a different watch. Wait a few months and see what comes out.

DEadPuNk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/10
So here is another UPO from Silix, Can the PO expert tell us more about this one.Tomorrow the watch will be shipped.I need your expertise before confirming the watch. It has a SWISS ETA 2834-2.
002eby.jpg

001td.jpg

003qfx.jpg

upomovement1.jpg

upomovement2.jpg

upomovement3.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
ETA 2834-2?

I guess that is ok. Probably more than likely really an ETA. IDK.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
ETA 2834-2?

I guess that is ok. Probably more than likely really an ETA. IDK.

The HE Valve is correct?

Here is a better pic but dont look at the pearl as Jee has already exchange it to a proper one( picture above).

Should i request for a anti magnetic shield?

So its ok to go with this one?
67825936.jpg

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Deadpunk, that is a different bezel than the previous photos. Anything I am missing here? Compare the pearl on the last one to the prior and you will see a huge difference. Looks like the previous one is a UPO 45mm and the last one I have no idea what that is. If either of those are 42.5mm they both are incorrect. But I am assuming the previous photo is a 45mm UPO and looks fine to me. Make sure you ask R2D4 first.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Deadpunk, that is a different bezel than the previous photos. Anything I am missing here? Compare the pearl on the last one to the prior and you will see a huge difference. Looks like the previous one is a UPO 45mm and the last one I have no idea what that is. If either of those are 42.5mm they both are incorrect. But I am assuming the previous photo is a 45mm UPO and looks fine to me. Make sure you ask R2D4 first.

Yeah i know, i have written it above that Jee has exchange the bezel/pearl to a proper one.The only flaw is the he valve, but i think that i can live with it. :thinking:

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Well I forgot if the UPO has He right at 10 or above it. I know the 42.5mm has it above 10. I have one 42.5mm that doesn't and that is the one I wear as a beater (interesting for a beater it NEVER gets dinged or scuffed or scratched.. it still looks virtually brand new).

Anyway that watch looks fine with the new bezel Silix put on you. Luckily they could do that, it is a PITA to get parts from dealers especially without them making you buy another watch on top of the new part they are doing for your prior watch.