• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

po or gmt

scooterboy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/06
hi,

i want to buy after my moon watch antother omega rep. wich one should i take the po 42,5 4th gen or the new ultimate gmt from ruby/puretime, witch one is more accurate?

what do you mean?

cheers
jürgen

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I'd say go for the Ultimate PO (45mm if not too big). If you do decide to go with the PO, get it in ORANGE!!!!

(well, maybe not the pumpkin orange strap, but definitely the orange numbers and bezel)

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
UPOs are apparently with very few flaws, but I've been pretty happy with my 4th gen PO orange. If you are lucky to get a 4th gen PO with the Omega symbol properly oriented, and with the right other "parts" it might have some advantages. It's date font size is more accurate than the UPO, and some versions of the caseback are as good as the UPOs it seems, while others are not. There's a lot of give and take between competing reps I've learned and a lot of potluck with what ends up in your hands. Seeing pictures and specs of the actual watch you're getting (a few dealers here accomodate this) ends up saving you a lot of time and aggravation.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Can't go wrong with either size PO... I own three PO reps... (Orange 4th gen, Orange and Black bezel UPOs, both with orange number dial)
If you go 42.5mm PO (4th gen) source yourself a set of Gen hands to correct the biggest visual flaw of the watch... short minute hand. That quick, easy swap makes the watch 99.4% accurate.

The UPO is a great watch as well if your wrist is a decent size. More recent examples have had more issues than older ones.

The new GMT looks great from what I've seen... Haven't been hands on with one yet though.

All in all, go with what you like the best and everyone elses opinion be damned. Then buy a Nato strap and some leather straps and mebee the rubber divers strap and keep your Omega reps well accessorized.