• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO: Need Help

Bunkie111

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/09
Just got my Orange PO 21J from Narikaa a few days ago and wound it to get it going. Moved the time outside of 10-3 just to be safe and set the date. I let it sit a couple days until I was ready to tackle the resizing of the bracelet. All went well with the resizing but now I can't adjust the time or the date. When I unscrew the crown and back it out 2 clicks all I get is what feels like a grinding noise. I immediately stopped and am just letting the watch run. Is something seriously wrong here?

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
It's the keyless works. Something is not lining up. You need to have them reset.

Bunkie111

11/4/09
Thanks for the reply Fakey. Should I send it back or is this something that can be done locally at minimal expense? Or can I tackle this? Hate to have to work on a new watch.

It's the keyless works. Something is not lining up. You need to have them reset.

smithy37

3/2/09
It can be a bit of a black art setting these things. If you can get a local watchsmith to look at it he should be able to sort it out.
However, if it was my watch I would probably send it back. Once you fiddle inside, there goes your warranty.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I wouldn't send it back. These things usually are the result of the user pulling too hard on the stem. It can be taken care of locally.

Bunkie111

11/4/09
I think I'm going to reach out to Narikaa and see what he proposes.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
He would propose sending it back. Do you want to go through that process over this?

Bunkie111

11/4/09
Not really, but I don't have a local resource as of yet. Have only been into reps for about a year and haven't had any service done on any of my watches yet.

He would propose sending it back. Do you want to go through that process over this?

Bunkie111

11/4/09
Couldn't find a watchsmith locally that would look at it so off to the UK it goes.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Reg will take care of you, but the patience will start again.
Also - see my sig line for help finding a local watchsmith. It may help.

Bunkie111

11/4/09
Narikaa Rocks!

After only a couple of weeks my PO is back. Many thanks to Reg for taking care of me!