• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Modified Chrono Question

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I've noticed several dealers offering the Planet Ocean Chronograph with a modified dial design to more closely recreate the tight dial spacing on the gen. Are these modifications likely to affect the life and reliability of the movement similar to the Daytona mods? Thanks, gurus!

robbnj

11/6/09
Links or pictures?
The quartz models have a more accurate spacing & working chronos. The non-working chrono models are also accuraately spaced.
From what I've seen so far, none of the mechanical, working-chrono models have accurate subdials.

robbnj

11/6/09
I can't find much info on this modified 7750 (only a few threads). It seems it's pretty new to the rep. market (March of this year?).
A number of people said they would buy it the second it became available, but it didn't happen (second thoughts? vaporware? not sure...).

Are they in stock & available at trevor's?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Per Trevor's site:
"Movement: Modified (Closer Subdials) Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, Working regulator, 28800bph "

Considering the QC and reliability issues of the previously modified A7750 movements to run sec @6 or 12, the above statement would scare the crap out of me.
I think I'd have to let some other guinnea pigs take a shot at this one before I'd be willing to jump in.

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
Per Trevor's site:
"Movement: Modified (Closer Subdials) Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement, Working regulator, 28800bph "

Considering the QC and reliability issues of the previously modified A7750 movements to run sec @6 or 12, the above statement would scare the crap out of me.
I think I'd have to let some other guinnea pigs take a shot at this one before I'd be willing to jump in.

Those were my thoughts exactly, Roger. Apparently there are a lot who think the same way. No one has responded that they have one.

yt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/06
I am not familiar with this modded version, but usually it is not a good thing...

Francisco

23/12/07
Per Trevor's site:

I reviewed this new movement, in my section.

But now my section is practically empty. I have to find what happened....

anyway..it is a reliable movement...

avenger007

Advisor
21/2/09
I reviewed this new movement, in my section.

But now my section is practically empty. I have to find what happened....

anyway..it is a reliable movement...

Word from the Master! Thanks for weighing in, Francisco. I hope they can dig up your review from the Great Beyond. I'd love to read it.