• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO Link removed

huntr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/06
Just got back from AD to have link removed from my PO 4th gen because I know I could'nt do it myself. I was little nervous before I went in because I was wondering if they notice Omega logo which is too close to "OMEGA" and say something but fortuntely she did not say anything except "nice watch". I did not have to pay anything because she assumed I bought it here. Whew!

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
We're you scared? Made me do my link myself. Was pretty easy and I didn't even have a remover thingy.

Last time I went to one of the local AD's they did the high pressure sales pitch, making hand signals behind my back trying to close the deal. "Thats a really great deal. My manager doesn't do that for just anyone, you know. Wow. You should really get that watch. It looks grrrrrreat on you."

And they didn't know very much about any of the watches. I knew more from this forum than probably everybody on the floor of that store, I'd wager.

RB

mocha

11/9/06
Any step by step guide to remove PO link ?

Hi rbarr27,

I just got my PO and have been looking around for guide with pics to remove that extra link. Do you happen to have the guide ? Many thanks

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
No guide here. I just used a thumb tack to start the pin and then a straight thin "T" shaped pin to push it all the way through. Tapped it back in with a small rubber hammer on a soft-ish surface.

They have the little pin pushers, which might be a safer way to go. I think WBK has them. And they are cheap.

Good luck.

RB

mocha

11/9/06
PO link

Thks for the help but sound rather adventerous for me as I'm still trying to figure where to start with... :)

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
someone should try to get their rep links removed at Tourneau and see what they say. My local torneau guys know their stuff! it's not like a simple stare to the ceiling and spout out memorized crap... they were up and down about the history of the watches, the different movements, number of jewels... it was cUraZy. The several salesguys there didn't bother trying to pursuade me to buy a watch... but they were all interested in putting watches on my wrist and tell me stuff i didnt know. Hmmmm... maybe it was a slow day for them and they were bored :)

It could just be my Tourneau, but it made me think twice about taking some reps in to get it resized.

mocha

11/9/06
In the end I just walked to a AD shop selling Tag Heuer and got my Omega PO link removed for about USD $1.8.. perfect fit now.. and I'm happy.. :D