• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO issues and possible repair?

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
The first ultimate PO I got was a black bezel one and is perfect! Swiss ETA, No issues with markers, crown, bracelet or pearl!

The second one I just received is the Orange bezel, although the movement is swiss eta, I have a crooked marker at the "6" , the bracelet clasp was f'd up and the pearl is offset and raised a bit off bezel.

Dealer will send a new bracelet with my next order, but are the other issues repairable?

Can the pearl be set correctly witout f'g up the watch or bezel--or losing the pearl? I suspect a hand setting tool could help tap it in place--it's pressure fit right?

Also, is it worth removing the marker and regluing? It isn't super bad, but for the money it shouldnt be crooked either.

Why one is perfect and the other is sloppy is beyond me--although two different dealers are involved, they all come from same factory!

Any input from the guys who take apart watches and fix them? :)

CISO

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I would just totally removed the pearl and replace it with superlumed pearl. It is possible to remove it.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
Tak:

Does that mess up the bezel? I mean I am OK with the pearl they gave me if it was flush with bezel :)

CISO

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Nope. You can use something like 0.8mm Screwdriver to slowly dig and remove the pearl. Be careful not to scratch the bezel. You can fill it using the New Ultra Green Glow Inc. Powder or anything you like.